January 05, 2015

My Reviews, Your Reviews, Our Reviews? Whaaa?

What I love about the new year, is not only that it feels like a fresh start, but you can also look back at the last twelve months, remembering all the things you did. 

The things you want to continue doing (blogging, attending school, working), some of the things you don't want to keep doing (stressing out, drinking soda, eating too many desserts) and even the things you just want to change (study habits, book reviews, social media usage).

There are just so many things that are new, that can be changed or improved! And that's why I always get so excited for the new year!

And I'm here to tell you this....my reviews and your reviews are our reviews! YES! And we must share!


You're probably thinking, what in the hell is Lisa talking about, but trust me this makes perfect sense, just hear me out....

I've always wanted to make my reviews a bit more fun. So of course I added some sarcastic and snarky comments, some funny GIFs that describe exactly how I'm feeling, and bolded and highlighted some words. But even after all that I just felt like they needed a bit more of a "umpf". 

After doing some thinking...I came up with absolutely nothing.

I feel like honesty and personality are absolutely required for a book review. You want to tell people what you REALLY thought of the book, but you don't want to be completely boring while doing so. And I have both of those covered! (I'm pretty funny, right?)  But what else is there that I could add to make my reviews stand out, and fun?

(Sorry, this explanation is getting a lot longer than I expected it to...)

Well when I first started blogging, I wrote reviews to tell people what I thought about a book. I read the book, wrote/posted my review, read comments that people left, and thanked them for doing so. Then I simply moved onto the next book, and did this cycle over again.


Blogging for almost four years, I've started not only reading other peoples' reviews but also comparing their ideas to mine, discussing those ideas, and even re-reading some parts of the book to see where that other reviewer was coming from. 

And that's what blogging IS. I mean, who comes on blogger, not wanting to communicate and discuss their hobby? No one.

So to make this ENTIRE process A LOT easier, I've decided to link our reviews together.

From now on, each and every one of my reviews, will have a link system towards the bottom of the post. Once you've finished reading my review, you can copy and paste the link to your review of that certain book, post it and then continue to leave a comment. 

For example...




Which means that your review will be linked to mine. There will be a list of reviews connected to mine, which everyone can click on, visit and be able to compare each others reviews!

MEANING my reviews and your reviews are our reviews!!


So I hope you're all as excited as I am to start writing reviews together! I absolutely love hearing what you guys have to say about the books I'm reading, and this linking system is the perfect way to that!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I can't wait to see all of your reviews!


6 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like this idea! Hopefully I'll be able to link one of my reviews to yours soon. It sounds kinda fun. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm excited to get started! I usually have two/three reviews up a week, so come back and check often! And thank you so much for your comment!

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. This idea is so brilliant! I think it'll be lots of fun and maybe I can find some awesome new bloggers in the process! :)

    Carly @ Books and Etc

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm hoping for the same thing! Always love finding new blogs!

      Lisa

      Delete
  3. I love this idea. Time for me to link to your newest review!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!