January 01, 2015

Epic Fail, A New Year & What's Coming Up!


Welcome to Turning Pages!

And welcome to 2015! Are you as excited as I am to have 2014 behind us and 2015 just ahead? Do you have the same feeling I do? That you can take over the entire world, and accomplish anything and everything you can think of?

Because that's how pumped up I am for the new year!

2014 didn't end as I expected it do. The last two or three months were pretty chaotic, and a bit disappointing. If you were around for December, you may have noticed my epic fail in trying to read 19 books and complete 100 before the year was over, as well as the lack of posting.

My biggest issue right now is time management, and using my time well. I am working, and attending school, but I do still have quite a bit of free time. Not much, but enough to run Turning Pages. I don't plan to stop blogging ANY time soon, but I am trying to manage and schedule my time better.


Besides managing my time, I also want work on providing better content. Not only through in depth (and fun) reviews, but also through discussion posts and being more interactive.

And with a new year comes a new set of goals, for both my personal life and in blogging!

For my personal life...

1. I want to go down one size in my pants. AKA run on the treadmill at least three times a week!
2. Drink more water and less soda. Only one soda a week!
3. Stay more organized, and try to keep my car, room and bathroom spotless.
4. Be friendly and kind to everybody!
5. Work hard at school and work.

For blogging...

1. Post at least once a day, and upload a video once a week.
2. Listen to more audio books.
3. Read at least 9 books a month, to reach my 100 book goal at the end of the year.
4. Improve my reviews, go more into depth about my likes/dislikes and include memorable quotes!
5. Reach 700 followers.
6. Update and use my goodreads & twitter accounts much more often!
7. Improve content overall.
8. Schedule posts ahead of time.

So those are just a few things I hope to accomplish in the new year! The biggest thing I plan on doing is scheduling ahead of time. I have tried this in the past, but I wasn't too sure how I felt about it. But with work and school, and the other things that come along with those, I won't always be able to sit down a type something up.

Because I don't want to schedule too far into the future, I plan to only schedule a week in advance, that way if I want to add a different post, or decide against posting something I will still have the time to do that.


There are a few things that I did in 2014 that I want to continue doing in the new year...

1. A giveaway each month.
2. Monthly TBR lists/End of the month reviews.
3. Weekly book releases.

Something new that you can look forward to from Turning Pages...

1. New post everyday.
2. A video once a week.
3. Two/Three book reviews a week!
4. A fun discussion post each week.
5. Smaller giveaways throughout the month.
6. Interactive reviews!

I know this is a lot, but I'm excited for the new year, a fresh start and to finally get back into blogging! I've been craving it and truly needing the creative release. For me 2015 is going to be full of reading, blogging, communicating, and improving myself! What is 2015 going to be for you? I would love to know!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!