January 22, 2015

Audio Book Review: The Edge of Tomorrow

Edge of Tomorrow (Movie Tie-in Edition)Title: The Edge of Tomorrow (All You Need Is Kill).
Author: Hiroshi Sakurazaka.
Series: No.
Source: Publisher, for Review.
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio.
Published Date: 4/29/14.
Links:
Book Depository
Goodreads

"When the alien Mimics invade, Keiji Kiriya is just one of many recruits shoved into a suit of battle armor called a Jacket and sent out to kill. Keiji dies on the battlefield, only to be reborn each morning to fight and die again and again. On his 158th iteration, he gets a message from a mysterious ally—the female soldier known as the Full Metal Bitch. Is she the key to Keiji's escape or his final death?"

I was sent this book for review, months ago....even before the movie was released...But YES, I just finally got to it. Why?!! What took me so long? Why wouldn't I dive right into as soon as it came in the mail?

Well I was being a good person and daughter.

My dad was dying to see this movie, but it wasn't out yet and he was debating if he should read the book before he went to go see it. Of course, I completely encouraged him to. The book is ALWAYS better than the movie, and that's why you ALWAYS read the book first. Because I had the audio book,  I decided to give it to him, and let him listen to it before me. Even though I really wanted to jump right into it, and had promised to review it.

At first my dad, would talk about The Edge of Tomorrow everyday, then all of a sudden he stopped talking about it entirely, and didn't it mention anymore. When I finally ask for it back, he gave me this weird look, and proceeded to tell me that he lost it and couldn't find out.

You can't imagine how disappointed I was. But a few weeks ago, he finally got around to cleaning his car, and found it underneath his seat. I even went against everything I believe in, and watched the movie BEFORE I read the book. I'm completely ashamed and embarrassed to admit it...



Thanks to the movie, I had the general idea of what The Edge of Tomorrow is about, but of course the book was much more detailed, meaningful, interesting, exciting, and intense than the movie could ever be.

Again, I don't want to get into too much specific details about this story. I want you all to experience the same feelings I did when listening to The Edge of Tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure that you all know the general story outline.

Overall, I enjoyed the book. The reader has the perfect rough voice for it, and I was mesmerized the thirty minute drive to and from school. His voice just pulls you right in, and makes you want to listen to whatever he has to say.


Comparing the book to the movie, they were pretty similar, but there were some distinct differences. For example the female soldier that Keiji asks for help in his looping problem, tells him about the whole looping thing, and Keiji later decides to tell her that he is experiencing that exact thing. In the movie, I'm pretty sure he comes to her.

Besides that, in the movie the mimics were metal electronic aliens, but in the book, they're described more like wet and slimey. More like from the water.

In the end, its true, I enjoyed the book much more than the movie. I don't usually read books like this, so I don't really have anything to compare it to. But if you're looking for something different, or an amazing audio book, The Edge of Tomorrow is for you.











Link Your Review:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!