August 27, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

Trial by Fire (Worldwalker Series #1)Title: Trial by Fire.
Author: Josephine Angelini.
Summary:

"This world is trying to kill Lily Proctor. Her life-threatening allergies keep her from enjoying experiences that others in her hometown of Salem take for granted, which is why she is determined to enjoy her first high school party with her best friend and longtime crush, Tristan. But after a humiliating incident in front of half her graduating class, Lily wishes she could just disappear.

Suddenly, Lily is in a different Salem—one overrun with horrifying creatures and ruled by powerful women called Crucibles. Strongest and cruelest of them all is Lillian . . . Lily's other self in this alternate universe.

In Josephine Angelini's Trial by Fire, what makes Lily weak at home is what makes her extraordinary in New Salem. In this confusing world, Lily is torn between responsibilities she can't hope to shoulder alone and a love she never expected."

Release Date: 9/2/14.

Why I'm Waiting:

The real question is, why wouldn't I be waiting for this one to come out? Not only does the cover look totally bad ass, but it's also written by Josephine Angelini. I have yet to read one of her books, but people can't seem to stop talking about them.

Besides that the synopsis sounds amazing as well. An alternate universe? Where the main character is the complete opposite of who she is now? SOUNDS SO SO GOOD! I'm excited to pick this one up and give it a read soon!


8 comments:

  1. I've heard nothing but great things about this one! One more week!!!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! Have you read her other books yet?

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. I'm doing a giveaway of a signed ARC of this book on my blog! I met Angelini at book signing in Las Vegas. She's super nice. Looking forward to its official release. Great pick!

    Axie @ Books are Bread

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, me too! OH and I'm so jealous! I would love to meet her!

      Lisa

      Delete
  3. I think I have read one of her books, but I am not 100% sure. But this one sounds intriguing. Thanks for sharing, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm dying to get my hands on this one! I haven't read any of her books, but a lot of people seems to have enjoyed them!

      Lisa

      Delete
  4. This one just sounds really amazing! I love alternating universes, and I've seen some pretty great reviews about it which only made me even more excited! Great pick Lisa! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really want to pick this one up! I like the whole "time traveling, different universe" thing! Can't wait to see what world the author created!

      Lisa

      Delete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!