August 13, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday

Starlight's EdgeTitle: Starlight's Edge.
Author: Susan Waggoner.
Summary:

"Zee has given up her entire world to be with David on far-future Earth, confident that their love will overcome all obstacles. But beneath its lustrous surface and dazzling technology, New Earth is full of challenges, including the animosity of David’s wealthy and powerful family.

As Zee struggles to find her place, David travels back to past Earth. Then, on a mission to Pompeii on the eve of the Vesuvius eruption, he vanishes. Zee knows he is in mortal danger, but will she be able to rescue him in time?"

Release Date: 8/19/14.

Why I'm Waiting:

Why am I waiting for Starlight's Edge? To be honest, I haven't heard a single thing about this book. The cover looks interesting, but in the end the synopsis is what caught my attention this time. If you've read Beth Revis's Across The Universe trilogy, then you might have noticed Starlight's Edge sounds pretty similar. Not with the story or the characters but in the time and location they occur. Both take place and focus on this "new earth" and "past earth", and the dangerous traveling between them.

I like futuristic stories like this one, mostly because they can actually come true! I'm excited to see what Susan Waggoner has in store for her readers and her characters!


4 comments:

  1. Love sci-fi. One of my fave genres. Never heard about this one, so thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to pick it up! I like sci-fi too! I don't think it's my favorite genre, but its one of them! Let me know if you get your hands on this one (:

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Wow this actually sounds really interesting. I think I'm going to have to pick that up at some point after it's finally released. I haven't read a lot of sci-fi yet, but I'm itching to try out some good ones. All that wibbly-wobbly-timey-whimey-stuff really fascinates and intrigues me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! And if you like this one, it sounds pretty similar to the Across the Universe trilogy! You might want to give that one a try as well! Its also about time travel and stuff (:

      Lisa

      Delete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!