August 08, 2013

End of Summer Read-A-Thon: Preparation!


Welcome to Turning Pages, and to the very first End of Summer Read-A-Thon, hosted both here at Turning Pages, and over at YA Bookmark! I hope you all are just as excited as Audris and I are to finally get started tomorrow (unless you start tonight at midnight) and spend the rest of this long weekend reading!

*Haven't signed up yet? Well there's still time! Sign up HERE*

Preparation:

With four full days of reading ahead of me, and not wanting to get off track, I've decided to do anything and everything that might get in the way of my reading this weekend. I've washed my car, cleaned my entire room (a deep clean, so that took me three hours), cleaned bathrooms, and did some dusting around the house.

Besides doing chores, I've also picked up some of my favorite snacks to munch on this weekend!

Snacks/Drinks:

I usually find myself munching on dry cheerios, skinny cow chocolates (yum!) and pretzels when I'm reading. And usually a tall glass of peach tea, ice water, or a mug of hot coffee on the side to sip on. So I made sure my house was well stocked with all of these!

Distractions:

Some distractions I may face are doing more chores, the plans I have for tomorrow and Sunday afternoon, and taking showers (just kidding, I won't be showering all weekend...). Other than that, I've pretty much opened my weekend to finally get some books read!

Books:


Wither (The Chemical Garden, #1)The Ghoul Next Door (Monster High, #2)Where There's a Wolf, There's a Way (Monster High, #3)Blue Bloods (Blue Bloods, #1)

*Wither by Lauren DeStefano.
*Monster High The Ghoul Next Door, by Lisi Harrison.
*Monster High Where There's A Wolf There's A Way, by Lisi Harrison.
*Blue Bloods, by Melissa De La Cruz.

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy (Gallagher Girls, #2)Hooked (Hooked, #1)

*Cross My Heart And Hope To Spy, by Ally Carter.
*Hooked by Liz Fichera.

Sign Up Posts (So Far, Will Update):

Lisa @ Turning Pages
Audris @ YA Bookmark
Kapri @ Book Fanatics
Paige @ The Paige-Turner
Ricki @ Art @ Home
Diane @ Lavender Dreams
Melanie @ Christian Bookshelf Reviews
Crystal @ Just Another Book Lovin' Girl
Linda @ A La Carte
Ginny @ Gin's Book Notes
Brooke @ I Blog 4 Books
Remy @ Books In Her Head
Linda @ Crafty Gardener
Emma @ Emma Is Writing
Kristen @ The Book Monsters

Twitter:

Stay connected and just chat with us on Twitter at #EndSummerReadathon! Or follow us (me) @turningpages11 and (Audris) @YA_Bookmark.

1 comment:

  1. LOL I wasn't expecting the no shower part! Made me crack up :P I loved the first Blue Bloods book and Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy might be my favorite book of the series! Great picks!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!