August 11, 2013

Blogger of the Week: The Mile Long Bookshelf!

Your Name/Your Blog's Name: My name is Amber and I blog at The Mile Long Bookshelf.
Genre: I love reviewing YA Contemporary and Romance with a sprinkling of Sci Fi, Dystopian and Paranormal.
Blog Established: December 2009.
Inspiration: I was co-blogging on a really successful book blog and I wanted a blog of my own, so I decided to make the dream happen!
Coffee or Tea: Neither - bleurgh! I'll have a milkshake or a fruit smoothie instead. ;)

1. How often do you go out, planning on not purchasing any books, but end up buying some anyways? 

Never! Firstly, I hardly ever have any money. Secondly, I get enough books from publishers that I don't really need to buy any more. Literally, books are starting to take over my bedroom...

2. Jacket on or off, when reading a hardback book?

Off. I just don't see the point of them! They get in the way, they get crumpled and ripped, and I know they're called 'dust jackets' but they get dusty anyway. I really dislike them! Plus, books without jackets feel nicer. ...Does that sound weird?

3. What time of day are you usually reading?

I usually read at night when I'm in bed because the daytime is too busy and chaotic to concentrate on a book. At night time, you could potentially read for 9 or 10 hours instead of sleeping, but in the day time you can't do that because there are other things that need to be done (unfortunately)!

4. About how many books have you read since you created your blog? 

I'd say only 300 or so, but I own over a thousand so I'm really not sure. I'm trying to read more than usual so I can get reviews written quicker.

5. Name one book that made you shed a tear, why?

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. It's so sad but so lovely! It is one of the best books I have ever read and I don't think anyone has not shed a tear whilst reading it.

6. Which do you prefer paperback, hardback, or ebook? Why? 

Paperbacks. Hardbacks are heavy and I can't read eBooks because they hurt my eyes. Ouch!

Amber's Links:

Thank you Amber for stopping by and answering all of these questions!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Congrats for being Blogger of the Week Amber! :) Anyway, would it be possible if I could be blogger of the week later on.. I don't mind if not but it would be awesome if I could. My book blog's link is www.theredbookmark.wordpress.com - Erika xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog. This is the second one that you have featured that I'm falling in love with. Keep the features going!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just added you as a friend on gr

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!