August 09, 2013

End of Summer Read-A-Thon: Day 1 Intro


(It's finally here!!!)

Good morning, and welcome to the very first day of the End of Summer Read-A-Thon! Audris and I are so excited, and we hope you're just as excited as we are!

(Haven't signed up for the End of Summer Read-A-Thon? There's still time, sign up HERE)

Goals:

Today's the first day of the read-a-thon, so I decided to read the biggest book in my TBR list for this weekend; Hooked by Liz Fichera. The book is about 350 pages, and due to reading for about an hour or so last night (at midnight) I'm a 100 pages in. I hope to have this one done by the end of the day! I'll let you know how that goes.

Snacks:

Since my day just started I'm indulging in breakfast; a iced coffee and a bowl of peaches and cream oatmeal. I usually don't snack in the morning, but I'll probably have some lunch, and tons of water, when I'm outside tanning and reading. But in case I do need a snack, I have pretzels, dry cheerios, and some skinny cow chocolates.

Events:

Besides reading, Turning Pages and YA Bookmark are both hosting giveaways, and a challenge. Turning Pages (me) will be giving away a hardback copy of Burn Bright, by Marianne de Pierres, which is signed. And today's challenge will be Guess the Book cover! So try you're best, because with every correct answer, you get another entry into the grand prize giveaway at the end of the read-a-thon!

With all of our time dedicated to reading, and getting some of those old books off our shelves, the best way to contact us, and stay connected is through Twitter. I will be checking in shortly every once in a while, but Twitter at #EndSummerReadathon, @turningpages11 or @YA_Bookmark is the quickest and easiest way to get a hold or us, or just to keep us updated on how you're doing and what you're reading!

So I wish you good luck, and happy reading!!

1 comment:

  1. I started reading Garment of Shadows last night! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!