August 02, 2013

Book Review: Tiger's Quest.

Tiger's Quest (The Tiger Saga, #2)Title: Tiger's Curse.
Author: Colleen Houck.
Series: Yes, #2.
Pages: 479.
Source: Purchased.
Publisher: Sterling Publishing.
Published Date: 6/7/11.
Links:
Goodreads.
Barnes and Noble.

Summary:

"Back in Oregon, Kelsey tries to pick up the pieces of her life and push aside her feelings for Ren. But danger lurks around the corner, forcing her to return to India where she embarks on a second quest--this time with Ren's dark, bad-boy brother Kishan, who has also fallen prey to the Tiger's Curse. Fraught with danger, spellbinding dreams, and choices of the heart, TIGER'S QUEST brings the trio one step closer to breaking the spell that binds them."

Cover:

Love these covers! They're so bold and shiny; really eye catching!

My Thoughts:

If you read my review, which was probably more of a fan girl rave, of Tiger's Curse then you know exactly how excited I was to continue the series! I loved the characters, the adventure and learning more about the Indian culture. Being completely head over heels for the first book, I established extremely high expectations for Tiger's Quest. I couldn't wait to see how the two tigers, their guardian and a teenage girl would continue their journey to find the last three objects and I was completely drooling to find out what would happen with Kelsey and Ren's relationship!

Tiger's Quest takes off right where Tiger's Curse ends. Kelsey is on airplane back to Oregon, leaving behind Ren, to try and pursue her own normal life once again. Meaning no tigers, no jungle adventures, and no Ren. Kelsey does stay in touch with Mr. Kadam to stay updated with the search and just to have someone to talk to.

Weeks go by, Kelsey is living on her own (thanks to Ren and Mr. Kadam), attending college and is learning to move forward in her personal life....after weeks of sleeping with a white stuffed tiger, and always hoping to hear Ren on the phone when talking to Mr. Kadam. Kelsey is even dating three guys (way to take it slow!); her martial arts teacher, and two guys from school.

Things seems to be going great and Kelsey is excited to spend the winter holidays with Lee (her martial arts teacher), until the doorbell rings on her way out the house, and she realizes that Ren is standing on her front porch..

After months of no contact, Kelsey can't believe her eyes...

Trying her hardest to overcome her love for Ren and to continue her normal life, Kelsey is thrown into a roller coaster when the tiger who stole her heart is standing on her porch. So now, Kelsey is not only trying to break a curse for these two tigers with Mr. Kadam but she is also stuck in a love triangle? Square? Hexagon?

In this second installment, Tiger's Quest, the reader isn't introduced to very many new or important characters; only the three guys that Kelsey starts to see once she's back in Oregon, and a friend she has in her Martial Arts class. I didn't mind this at all..because we still get to read more about sweet Mr. Kadam who is more like a grandfather to Kelsey, Ren the white cat that stole Kelsey's heart, Kishan the black cat that is trying to win her over, and Kelsey who is just a normal teenage girl from Oregon.

We don't get so see much of Ren...for reasons I can't tell you..but instead we learn a lot more about Kishan, and the two brothers' past. While I loved Ren and the way he treated Kelsey, I also liked seeing this sweet and loving side of Kishan.

If you've read the first book, you know how heart breaking the ending was (if you haven't..you need to go do that right now), while the ending of Tiger's Quest is also heart wrenching, I can easily say that the last fifty or so pages, was my favorite part. The ending was nothing I could have ever imagined, it wasn't explosive or world ending, but it caused my heart to drop, and my eyes to water...and in a sad way, I loved it..

Overall I really enjoyed the second book in this series just as much as the first. The characters gave me everything I was hoping for and more. The team is another step closer to ending the curse, but things are also falling apart...I continued to learn more about the Indian culture, I continued to swoon over Ren and Kelsey, and now even Kishan and I continued to follow their journey to end the curse.

The only thing that bothered me in Tiger's Quest, would have to be when Kelsey gets back to Oregon starts dating three different guys...how is that taking it slow? One is okay...but three, really?

But I loved the story and I plan to continue and finish the series!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!