July 23, 2012

Blogger of the Week!

Welcome to Turning Pages!

And to another "Blogger of the Week"! 

*If you are book blogger, doesn't matter how new or old, and want to participate in Blogger of the Week, either send me an email (googirl94@gmail.com) letting me know, or click above on the "Blogger of the Week" tab! There you can read more about the meme!*

This week's blogger of the week is....


1. Jenny, can you tell us a little about yourself, and your blog, Into the Morning Reads? How did you come up with the name? Does it have a special meaning?

Well, I’m one of those people who has been reading ever since I could sound out the word “cat” & haven’t yet been able to quite my book addiction (not that I want to!) since. My blog name originated with a song that I loved years ago about hanging out with your highschool love “into the morning until the sun comes up & ruins it all.” That’s how I feel about books sometimes so it was easy to transfer into my blog name!

(I used to hate reading so much! When I was about half way through middle school, I started reading a book here and there. Now I can't go anywhere without one!)

2. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would that thing be?

That’s hard because it’s been going through transitions probably from the very beginning. I’m never quite happy & I’m ALWAYS changing something new so I could say one thing at any given moment. Um, maybe I’d invent a cute new rating system!

3. What are your goals for blogging?

Basically I have 2 main goals. The first is to entertain & inform my readers (mainly entertain because I just love getting people laughing & thinking). The second is to enjoy having this outlet to write because that is my secondary addiction!

4. Do you review ebooks, or self-published books?

I do! In fact, if you peruse my blog you’ll notice that I have a huge heart for self-published & indie authors. Some of my most favorite books in recent years have been written by authors who have either not gotten a glance by big-pub or have decided they want way more control over how & what they publish. I love mining for the jewels & discovering new friends (indie authors are so accessible & so nice!) along the way!

5. What's the most recent book you've read and tell us about in exactly five words.

Well, it wasn’t YA, but the last thing I read was The Camel Club by David Balducci. Only 5 words?? Oh boy, here goes: Hilarious Quartet Save Kidnapped President. Whew.

6. Your all time favorite book?

You can’t make me pick. I refuse! No, if I have to be very honest, my all time favorite book is (actually a trilogy) called The Forbidden Game which was written by LJ Smith (author of The Vampire Diaries & The Secret Circle) way back in the 90s. It got me through some tough summers & I usually re-read it every year. Wow I really just dated myself, didn’t I? Oh well, I just love the games the characters have to play against the gorgeous, other-worldly Shadow Man Julian. I recommend it to everyone who loves YA Paranormal Romance.

(I've heard the first book in the Vampire Diaries, and loved it! I can't wait to pick up the rest of the series, and finish them off.)

7. If you could take out any author to lunch, who would you take and to where?

Oh my gosh, if you could make that one come true I would be your best friend for life. I would take Rusty Fischer to lunch if I could. He has to be one of the funniest people I know & his writing is really kick-butt. Where would we go? I’d definitely Google zombie flash mob venues & take him somewhere nearby!

Thank you so much for having me! I really enjoyed answering the questions & hope you enjoy reading the answers!

Thank you for stopping by, and answering all of our questions! 


A few of Jenny's Links!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!