July 16, 2012

Blogger of the Week!

Welcome to Turning Pages!

It's Monday, meaning it's time for another "Blogger of the Week"! This week's blogger, is Ishita from The Reading Fish; check out her blog, she makes her own layouts, banners, and buttons!

(*If your a blogger, new or old, as long as your a book blogger, and would like to have yourself, and your blog featured here at Turning Pages, just click the tab above, called "Blogger of the Week" for more information!*)

1. Ishita, can you tell us a little about yourself and your blog, The Reading Fish? How did you come up with the name? Does it have a special meaning?



Hmm, me? Well I am your Indian nerd, who has the craziest fashion sense. I'm a dancer, reader (Duhh), chocoholic, and aspiring cardiac surgeon. I have been in love with reading since the age of 2! compared to most readers I feel like I started my blog, The Reading Fish, quite late. I started it my sophomore year (I'm almost a year old!) after finding out about book blogs through Goodreads. I was so excited to find a place where I can vent my ideas on books to people who actually cared. "The Reading Fish" is basically me in different words. You are probably wondering Huh?! Basically ever since the second grade my two best friends have always called me Fishy. This was because it ryhmed with my name Ishi (my nickname) oh and also because I have A LOT of pet fishes! And the "Reading" is pretty obvious ;D

2. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would that thing be?

My sidebars! I still feel they are too cluttered even though I have cleaned them up! I might switch it to one sidebar soon, so i have more posting area :D

(I'm on the other side of the rope, I feel like I don't have very much on my sidebar, and really should add more!)

3. What are your goals for blogging?

A few of my goals are:
-Create a schedule
-Review more
-Have more Interviews (I love doing them!)
-Do discussion posts

4. What's the most recent book you've read and tell us about it in exactly five words.

Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout. Fantastic. Amazing. Hot Sexy Guys. ;D

5. What do you enjoy doing besides reading and blogging?

Besides blogging and reading. I love to volunteer. I volunteer 9 hours as a tutor, as well as volunteer through school clubs. I love dancing. I have been dancing since the age of 3 :D. I love hanging out with family and friends, blog/web design, cooking/baking, sleeping and swimming.

6. Your all time favorite book?

Aghhhh such a hard one!! I don't have one favorite. I have like 100. But at the moment my top 3 have to be The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, Divergent, and Amy and Roger's Epic Detour will have to be at the top of my list right now.

(I have yet to read all three of those! I really should get on that.)

7. Do you review ebooks, or self-published books?

I do! I love indies as much as I love mainstream published books! And I recently started accepting e-books since I just got my Kinde! :D

8. Favorite fictional crush?

If I actually told you my whole list, it would have over 400 guys! I am totally head over heels for Noah Shaw  from The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Daemon from Obsidean. I ALWAYS fall for the badass. The emotional bad boy, who sometimes ends up being evil. I have no idea why, but I don't like the nice guys ;D....Oh it might be the fact that the bad boys Always have the better dialogue.

(Ohhh! I love me some bad boys too! Ha, they just seem more mysterious and interesting.)

Thank you so much Ishita for stopping by, and taking the time to answer a few of our questions!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!