October 06, 2014

It's Monday, What Am I Reading?

Shadowboxer
Title: Shadowboxer.
Author: Tricia Sullivan.
Summary:

"Thai martial arts, international crime, celebrity and mythical creatures combine in this masterful new tale of two people facing incredible dangers, from award-winning author Tricia Sullivan.

Nothing she’s faced in the cage will prepare her...

Jade is a young mixed martial arts fighter. When she’s in the cage she dominates her opponents—but in real life she’s out of control.

After she has a confrontation with a Hollywood martial arts star that threatens her gym’s reputation, Jade’s coach sends her to a training camp in Thailand for an attitude adjustment. Hoping to discover herself, she instead uncovers a shocking conspiracy. In a world just beyond our own, a man is stealing the souls of children to try and live forever."

My Thoughts So Far:

With all this craziness going on around from work, to school, to homework, to working out, I haven't found much time to read. Shadowbxer was actually last month's BBBC pick, but I wasn't able to get around to it until a few days ago.

Now I'm almost completely finished, and excited about writing my review! I'm always looking for books with kick butt lead female characters, and that is exactly what I got from Shadowboxer. This was actually the first boxing/fighting book I've read, and I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about it. But soon far, I've enjoyed it!

Can't wait to see how it ends! Have you read this one?


2 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one before. Happy reading to you. I am not reading anything at the moment since I am experiencing a reading slump at the moment. That's why I haven't been blogging much lately...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of in the same position, but not really a slump, more like the fact that it's hard to find the time. Still getting some reading done during work, and in between classes though! Good luck with your slump! It'll be gone in no time!

      Lisa

      Delete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!