August 27, 2011

In My Mailbox #21 (Vlog)



I Am Number, Pittacus Lore.

"We may be walking past you right now.
We are watching as you read this.
We may be in your city, your town.
We are living anonymously.
We are waiting for the day when
We will find each other.
We will make our last stand together—if
We win,
We are saved, and
You are saved as well.
If we lose, all is lost."


Firelight, by Sophie Jordan.

"A hidden truth.
Mortal enemies.
Doomed love.
With her rare ability to breathe fire, Jacinda is special even among the draki—the descendants of dragons who can shift between human and dragon forms. But when Jacinda’s rebelliousness forces her family to flee into the human world, she struggles to adapt, even as her draki spirit fades. The one thing that revives it is the gorgeous, elusive Will, whose family hunts her kind. Jacinda can’t resist getting closer to him, even though she knows she’s risking not only her life but the draki’s most closely guarded secret.
Mythical powers and breathtaking romance ignite in this story of a girl who defies all expectations and whose love crosses an ancient divide."


Fat Vampire, by Adam Rex.

"Doug Lee is undead quite by accident—attacked by a desperate vampire, he finds himself cursed with being fat and fifteen forever. When he has no luck finding some goth chick with a vampire fetish, he resorts to sucking the blood of cows under cover of the night. But it's just not the same.
Then he meets the new Indian exchange student and falls for her—hard. Yeah, he wants to bite her, but he also wants to prove himself to her. But like the laws of life, love, and high school, the laws of vampire existence are complicated—it's not as easy as studying Dracula. Especially when the star of Vampire Hunters is hot on your trail in an attempt to boost ratings. . . ."


I Like Him, He Likes Her, by Phyllis Reynold Naylor.

"Find a Penny pick it up and all day long you’ll have good luck…except, of course, if that Penny is charming and pretty and funny, and the person picking her up just happens to be your boyfriend. Alice McKinley’s freshman year is not as “lucky” as she was hoping it would be. But she’s is trying to look on the bright side. There are worse things than being single for a semester… for a school year…for the whole summer…. At least Alice can count on her best friends for support—in theory, anyway. Lately they haven’t been all that there-for-her. In fact, it seems like Pam and Liz are suddenly involved in intense, secret conversations whenever Alice is around.
Single is starting to feel a whole lot like solo."


The Morganville Vampire (Volume #1)

"Morganville is a small college town in the heart of Texas-not a place that exactly screams "hotbed of creatures of the night". But college freshman Claire Danvers is about to discover why, in Morganville, you should never, ever stay out after dark...
Glass Houses
College freshman Claire Danvers moves off campus and into an old house in the small town of Morganville. Her new roommates have her back when the town's deepest secrets come crawling out, hungry for fresh blood...
The Dead Girls' Dance
Claire may have a great roommate and a new boyfriend, but when she's invited to the Dead Girls' Dance all hell breaks loose-literally. Because this time, the living and the dead are ready to tear up the night..."

38 comments:

  1. I seriously need to read Firelight soon! I can't believe it's been almost a year since it came out -- time sure flies! I hope you enjoy your great new books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've got a fantastic selection of books this week! :D

    Happy reading.

    I really want to read Firelight!

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great books!!! Smart Chicks are not coming my way this time around!!! I loved Firelight!!! Happy Reading!

    http://wordsareinnermusic.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Firelight rocked. Fat Vampire sounds pretty fun. Happy reading!

    Stop by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firelight was one of the best read this year.

    Our IMM

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome books! :D I really enjoyed I Am Number Four so I hope it's a great read for you!

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great books, I am Number Four is on my list :)

    Have a great week,

    Rachel @ Fictional Fantasy

    PS - Come and check out my IMM if you get a chance!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my IMM. :) Actually nope, Dragon's Oath is a House of Night novella about Professor Dragon Lankford. I believe the next full length HON novel is Destined.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by :)
    Awesome books this week!
    I really want to read Firelight & I am Number Four!

    Shirley x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really liked Firelight and I have I Am Number Four on my Nook. Happy reading and great IMM this week :)

    Here is the link to my IMM

    http://bumpsintheroad1.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-august-28-2011.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books this week. I really want to read I Am Number Four, it looks so good! Have a fab week : )

    My IMM

    Suzanne @ Under the Covers

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I love The Morganiville Vampire series. I've only read the first three, but they're all excellent.

    Enjoy! Thanks for stopping by :D
    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great Mailbox! I love the Morganville Vampire series! Such a great series. Hope you like it too!
    Happy REading!
    My IMM

    ReplyDelete
  14. I will look for the movie for I Am Number Four. I enjoyed your VLOG. Here's Mine

    ReplyDelete
  15. A lot of great reads this week - enjoy. I really love the Alice books, so I'll have to add that one to my "to read" pile.

    Happy Reading!

    Crys
    Wannabe Librarian's IMM

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've been eyeing I LIKE HIM, HE LIKES HER in the bookstore, but haven't picked it up yet. I read some of these books when I was younger and loved them though!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm hoping to read Fat Vampire for Halloween this year. A friend sent me a (signed!) copy for Christmas and I still haven't gotten to it.

    Same with Firelight, I've had it forever and still haven't read it. Oops.

    Love the first vol. of the Morganville Vampires.

    Enjoy all your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I feel like everyone's reading I am Number Four, except me. Haha. I should probably read that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great haul! Almost all of them are on my wishlist. Way to make a girl jealous!
    lol!

    Thanks for visiting my reading blog!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nice set of books this week. I enjoyed reading Firelight. I thought it was a good story.
    Happy Reading,
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great books you got this week! I have Firelight in my tbr pile as well. Hope you enjoy your books!

    thanks for stopping by the blog ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Morganville Vampires! I LOVE that series. Great IMM. Check out my IMM

    Mia @ Gripped into Books

    ReplyDelete
  23. Firelight sounds so good. I really want to read that one.

    I have my IMM up at my blog: http://amandalynsbooks.blogspot.com/2011/08/in-my-mailbox-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. *Love* Morganville! I enjoyed Firelight a lot too. I'm curious about Fat Vampire - I love the cover of it.
    Happy Reading!

    Megan @ Read It, See It

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great IMM! I've heard really good things about Firelight. I need to pick up a copy myself. Hope you enjoy your new books!

    Jennie

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been toying with the idea of reading I Am Number Four, since I loved the movie. Still haven't decided. Firelight was ok, but the cover is GORGEOUS. Fat Vampire sounds hilarious and wonderful--I'm going to have to look it up at the library at some point. I've heard some great things about the Morganville Vampire series, so I can't wait to read about what you think on it. Thanks for stopping by the blog earlier! And happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great loot this week! I have Firelight and the Morganville Vampires on my TBR list. Hope you enjoy your new books! New follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  28. The Morganville Vamps are addictive!! I enjoyed I am number four as well. Happy reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice mailbox! I haven't read any of the ones you got this week but I hope you enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I also got Firelight a few weeks ago, I need to read it sooooon.

    and Yes! You happen to have a really pretty handwriting. Mine looks like I used my feet xD!

    Hope you enjoyed all of your books :D!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved Firelight. I hope you enjoy it. I'm really looking forward to the sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great mailbox! I loved Firelight, so good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. lovely haul =) I'm on the fence about Firelight ... just gonna bide my time a bit for that one

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for stopping by my blog! ;)
    Really good books you got this week.
    I liked Firelight! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I feel like I should get I Am Number Four too, it looks real good! And Fat Vampire looks hilarious. I hope you enjoy your new reads and have fun meeting all authors! :D I wish I had the opportunity to as well, but it's a bit expensive flying in from Sweden... Blah!

    Great week and thanks for stopping by Kindle Fever! :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thanks for stopping by! I loved Firelight! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I actually own two versions of Firelight... I should actually read one of them! I hope I can get it in before Vanish comes out!

    The Morganville Vampire intrigues me. I'll have to add it to my to-read list. :)

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM!

    -Clara
    thewannabeknight.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Awesome books you got there! Hope you enjoy them all!

    thanks for stopping by my blog :D

    Guen @ Ezine of a Random Girl

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!