August 02, 2011

Books Review #38: Matched


Title: Matched.
Author: Ally Condie.
Format: Hardback.
Pages: 366.
Series: Yes, #1.
Publisher: Dutton.
Published Date: November 30, 2010.

Summary:

"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."

Cover:

The cover is BEAUTIFUL, I love how clean and neat it looks. A lot of covers, just have too much going on for me, but I like the clean background, the girl in the bubble, and the font used to write the title(:
I can't wait to get the rest of the trilogy to see what they look like on my shelf!:D

Characters-

Favorite:

Ky and Xander! I don't know which team I am yet, but I love both of them. Their both so different, and I liked that.

Ky has this bad boy feel to him, a bad boy who would do anything for a girl he really likes.

While Xander, is the all-american kind of boy, nice and kind, his always been around, and he's the kind of guy that would bring you back home right on time.

Least Favorite:

My least favorite isn't actually a person, but it's the society in this book. I really dislike the way they run things, they don't work for the people, they control the people. From what they eat, to what they read, listen to, and who they can love.

This makes the story really interesting actually, but it would kind of suck if I had to live here xD

Story Line:

Cassia lives in a world, where the society picks everything for her. The music she listens to, the job she works, and the boy she loves. When a girl turns seventeen in this society, they get placed in a matching pool, with boys.

At the match banquet, they find out who their "perfect" match, who they will be marrying at 21, and having kids with at 24. Not everyone gets matched though, like Ky.

When Cassia gets matched with her best friend, Xander, she's really happy! Even though it's a little weird, having to be a couple, after being close friends for so long. But Cassia likes the the thought of it.

After match banquets, the couples get to learn more about each other through a microchip. But when Cassia, opens her's up, Xander's smiling face shows, but than the screen flashes another face, another face that she also knows!

I really had a great time with this book. After reading a few reviews, which said Matched was kind of boring and slow, I was having my doubts. But this book proved to me, all of those reviews were wrong. I loved it, and I can't wait to read the rest of the trilogy!(:


1 comment:

  1. Cool review, I've got this but it's still on my TBR pile. Glad to see you enjoyed it =]

    The Cait Files

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!