August 13, 2011

AWESOME NEWS!!!:D

Hola Ya'll!:D

I have fantastic news, and I can't stop smiling!

A website called, Burn Bright, was recently looking for a teen book blogger and reviewer. Burn Bright is actually run by Aussie book author, Marianne de Pierres who wrote the books Burn Bright and the soon to be released Angel Arias.




They were hosting a contest, where any teen book blogger and reviewer could enter, and give a sample of their work. Thinking that I wouldn't win anyways, I finally got myself to enter, giving them a example of my Heist Society review. At the beginning of August they would pick the winner, but I actually received a email two weeks earlier, letting me know how much they like my work.

When August finally came along, I got another email. They chose me!? I couldn't believe my eyes, I would never have thought I could win! I was angry, that I was doubting myself and not remembering that anything is possible. But I did luckily enter, and they informed they really liked my personality!!(:

I've already written a staff page bio, an intro post, and my very first review. If you haven't checked out the website, you definitely should! Various different bloggers, are writing great reviews on awesome books(:

Nooo! Of course, I'm still going to blog everyday like crazy, here, on Turning Pages (it's my baby! I would never do that!), but this is such a huge opportunity for me, my future and even this blog!

My future plans are to become a professional book reviewer, or do something in the book world (besides becoming an author!), and making this blog six months ago was my way of working towards my goal!

This blog and reviewing for Burn Bright, are two huge steps into my future, and I'm so thankful! I love writing reviews, reading tons of books like a crazy women, meeting authors and other bloggers, and sharing what I love to do, with people that love doing it too. I would never give that up.

So thank you so much for stopping by and taking the time to read, leave a link below to your blog! I would love to check it out(:

3 comments:

  1. congratz lisa! :) i’m so happy for you! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! This is a great opportunity! I hope you do become a professional reviewer when you are older! :D

    x
    Sierra(:
    http://happilyneverending.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!