August 11, 2011

Book Review #40: Tighter


Title: Tighter.
Author: Adele Griffin.
Format: Hardback.
Pages: 216.
Series: Nope.
Publisher: Random House.
Published Date: May 10, 2011.

Summary:

"When 17-year-old Jamie arrives on the idyllic New England island of Little Bly to work as a summer au pair, she is stunned to learn of the horror that precedes her. Seeking the truth surrounding a young couple's tragic deaths, Jamie discovers that she herself looks shockingly like the dead girl—and that she has a disturbing ability to sense the two ghosts. Why is Jamie's connection to the couple so intense? What really happened last summer at Little Bly? As the secrets of the house wrap tighter and tighter around her, Jamie must navigate the increasingly blurred divide between the worlds of the living and the dead."

Cover Opinion: 4/5

The one thing I really liked about this cover is the creepy feeling it gives me whenever I look at it. Just the way the person looks, the way their hands are placed and the font used to write "Tighter", just seem scary.

Characters-

Favorite:

Even though he could be a bit annoying, I still have to pick Milo as my favorite person. He's Isa's fourteen year old brother, and claims to be a "badass".

I feel like he just kept things interesting, the way he teased Jamie about seeing ghosts, or always reminding her of the feeling when someone's watching you, and even calling her Jersey Girl.

Least Favorite:

I think my least favorite would have to be Jessie...yeah I know she's dead, and I don't know much about her. But what I do know, she seems like someone I would not want to meet or hang out with in person.

The only reason she babysat Isa, was so she could have parties and bring her boyfriend Peter over. Since Jessie's parents didn't approve of Peter, he was never allowed over to her house. When she did invite Peter over, she would lock up little Isa either into her room or a closet! What kind of person does that? I understand if you want to invite your boyfriend over once in a while, but still you can't just lock her up!

Story Line:

I LOVED this book! I usually don't like reading ghost books, but Tighter was A-Mazing! The only thing that bothered me, was all of the untied loose ends. I felt like the author was trying to finish the book and was in a rush. So it basically left me standing there with tons of questions.

But I had a great time reading Tighter, up to the last two chapters. If you haven't read any paranormal books, but really want to, I think Tighter would be the perfect book to start with.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!