June 19, 2011

Short Story Review #2


This is my second short story review, there are a total of thirteen in Kiss Me Deadly 13 Tales of Paranormal Love. It made more sense to me, to write a quick and dirty review about each story, than reviewing the book as a whole, since each is from a different author.

Let's get started!(:

Title: Errant.
Author: Diana Peterfreund.

My Opinion:

Sadly, this is my very first short story....actually any story I've read that has unicorns in it. Whenever I think of unicorns, I either think of Harry Potter movies, or the really nice ones that live in a green field, where there's hundreds of butterflies and at least one rainbow in the background.

But this thirty page story changed my opinion on unicorns. Instead of cherishing them, people in this world hunted them. Which was really sad, because their so friendly and beautiful!

Gitta (the main character), who is German, is one of these hunters. She's caught in a situation where she has to give up her unicorn, selling it to this royal family for one of their wedding traditions.

*SPOILER ALERT* When the princess and soon to be bride, decides on helping Gitta, so she doesn't have to kill her unicorn (which is named, Enyo), Gitta doesn't believe her ears. But of course she agrees!

I really enjoyed the ending! It was soooo different than I thought it would be, so I was totally caught off guard. But I still really enjoyed it, and I can't wait to read a Diana Peterfreund novel!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!