June 19, 2011

Book Review #28: It's Not Summer Without You


It's Not Summer Without You (Summer, #2)Title: It's Not Summer Without You.
Author: Jenny Han.
Format: Paperback.
Series: Yes, #1 The Summer I Turned Pretty, #2 It's Not Summer Without You, #3 We'll Always Have Summer.
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Published Date: April 27, 2010.

Summary:

"Can summer be truly summer without Cousins Beach?
It used to be that Belly counted the days until summer, until she was back at Cousins Beach with Conrad and Jeremiah. But not this year. Not after Susannah got sick again and Conrad stopped caring. Everything that was right and good has fallen apart, leaving Belly wishing summer would never come.
But when Jeremiah calls saying Conrad has disappeared, Belly knows what she must do to make things right again. And it can only happen back at the beach house, the three of them together, the way things used to be. If this summer really and truly is the last summer, it should end the way it started—at Cousins Beach."

Cover: 5/5
I love it! I love how the whole series matches,with that summer-beachy feel. I really like white covers, they always look so clean and neat. One of my favorite things is how "you", is written in a different font and in blue instead of orange like the rest of the title(:

Characters-

Favorite:
Just like in my review of the first book I would have to pick Belly. She's down to earth, with a boy-crazed best friend and a annoying but protective older brother. Belly's always had a thing for Conrad (Beck's older son), but not until the end of the first book, you find out that he feels the same. *SPOILER ALERT* Throughout this book Jere (Conrad's younger brother) asks him wither or not he really has feelings for her. Which he doesn't, not only does this make Jere angry but me too. This leads me to my least favorite character!

Least Favorite:
Sadly, it would have to be Conrad. He ignores Belly throughout most of the story, what a jerk! He acts like he doesn't have any feelings for her. He just ignores her, doesn't look at her, or just walks away.

*HUGE SPOILER ALERT!!!* When he sees Belly and Jere kiss he becomes very angry and jealous (while I was happy dancing!). Honestly dude, if you liked/loved her, but had something else going on, talk to her. I'm 100% sure she'll understand, don't just completely shut her out and treat Belly like crap!

Story Line: 4.5/5
I really enjoyed it, I found myself at the last page within three hours! The only thing that kind of sucked was that Conrad was found right away. Instead of just going to his college dorm, maybe they could of went to one of his friends' or ex's houses. That would have made the search for him more intense, than just one or two chapters of "OMG, where is Conrad...oh there he is!". But I loved it anyways, and can't wait to go out and buy the third book!:D

1 comment:

  1. Your blog is absolutely adorable! I've only read the third installment of the Summer series, and I was pleasantly surprised.I need to read the other two!

    Meghann D.
    http://absconditas.com

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!