June 04, 2011

In My Mailbox #9



In my mail box time!!!:D
Recently I found this FANTASTIC used local book store, that sells books that are basically BRAND SPANKING NEW! So I decided on, going there from now on, instead of Barnes and Nobles; which can be a bit pricey.

Last week I received a lot of books, which means this week I was broke and only purchased three. But who cares? Their awesome and I'm super pumped to crack them open and start reading(:



Matched, by Ally Condie.

"Cassia has always trusted the Society to make the right choices for her: what to read, what to watch, what to believe. So when Xander's face appears on-screen at her Matching ceremony, Cassia knows he is her ideal mate . . . until she sees Ky Markham's face flash for an instant before the screen fades to black. The Society tells her it's a glitch, a rare malfunction, and that she should focus on the happy life she's destined to lead with Xander. But Cassia can't stop thinking about Ky, and as they slowly fall in love, Cassia begins to doubt the Society's infallibility and is faced with an impossible choice: between Xander and Ky, between the only life she's known and a path that no one else has dared to follow."

Catching Fire, by Suzanne Collins.

"Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has won the annual Hunger Games with fellow district tribute Peeta Mellark. But it was a victory won by defiance of the Capitol and their harsh rules. Katniss and Peeta should be happy. After all, they have just won for themselves and their families a life of safety and plenty. But there are rumors of rebellion among the subjects, and Katniss and Peeta, to their horror, are the faces of that rebellion. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge."

City of Glass, by Cassandra Clare.

"To save her mother's life, Clary must travel to the City of Glass, the ancestral home of the Shadowhunters — never mind that enter-ing the city without permission is against the Law, and breaking the Law could mean death. To make things worse, she learns that Jace does not want her there, and Simon has been thrown in prison by the Shadowhunters, who are deeply suspicious of a vampire who can withstand sunlight.
As Clary uncovers more about her family's past, she finds an ally in mysterious Shadow-hunter Sebastian. With Valentine mustering the full force of his power to destroy all Shadow-hunters forever, their only chance to defeat him is to fight alongside their eternal enemies. But can Downworlders and Shadowhunters put aside their hatred to work together? While Jace realizes exactly how much he's willing to risk for Clary, can she harness her newfound powers to help save the Glass City — whatever the cost?
Love is a mortal sin and the secrets of the past prove deadly as Clary and Jace face down Valentine in the final installment of the New York Times bestselling trilogy The Mortal Instruments.
"

What did you get in your mail box this week?:D

12 comments:

  1. CoG is really good. So is Catching Fire. I didn't like Matched that much but I love the writing. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reads! I loved all of them! *hugs books*

    ReplyDelete
  3. CoG was great!
    Hop you're going to enjoy your haul!

    Here is my IMM: http://tinyurl.com/6ynqwmw
    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love used book stores!! Nice finds! Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi i'm a new follower :)

    You received great books this week !
    City of Glass is AWESOME it's my favorite in the series so far.
    And same for Catching Fire it was my favorite in the series :).

    I hope you'll like them ! Happy reading !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great books this week. I love TMI series. I still have The Hunger Games trilogy on my tbr pile must get to them soon.
    Happy reading.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I'm a new follower :-)
    I haven't read Matched, but City of Glass and Catching Fire are simply amazing! Hope you'll like them!
    Here's my IMM if you want to check it out:

    http://eleonora-mybookaddiction.blogspot.com/2011/06/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved all three of those books :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Catching Fire and City of Glass!! Still haven't read Matched, but I hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for stopping by. Nice haul! I've read two of the three (CoG and Catching Fire) and loved them. I have Matched on my TBR list, which I hope to get soon. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I loved all these 3 books! Especially The Hunger Games; it was the very first series that introduced me to dystopian fiction (:

    Felicia (you know, the one who emailed you for help hahaha)
    anovelparadise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. -Happy Reading! I currently got City of Bones in my mailbox. :D

    x
    Sierra {Happily Never Ending}

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!