January 18, 2012

Book Review #68: I'd Tell You That I Love You, Bu Then I'd Have to Kill You

I'd Tell You I Love You, but Then I'd Have to Kill You (Gallagher Girls Series #1)

Title: I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have To Kill You.
Author: Ally Carter.
Pages: 288.
Format: Paperback.
Source: Purchased.
Publisher: Hyperion.
Published Date: 3/20/2007.

Summary:

"Cammie Morgan is a student at the Gallagher Academy for Exceptional Young Women, a fairly typical all-girls school—that is, if every school taught advanced martial arts in PE and the latest in chemical warfare in science, and students received extra credit for breaking CIA codes in computer class. The Gallagher Academy might claim to be a school for geniuses but it’s really a school for spies.

Even though Cammie is fluent in fourteen languages and capable of killing a man in seven different ways, she has no idea what to do when she meets an ordinary boy who thinks she’s an ordinary girl. Sure, she can tap his phone, hack into his computer, or track him through town with the skill of a real “pavement artist”—but can she maneuver a relationship with someone who can never know the truth about her?

Cammie Morgan may be an elite spy-in-training, but in her sophomore year, she’s on her most dangerous mission—falling in love."


Cover:

The cutest thing about these covers, are the plaid sides! I think their just so different from all the other books in my shelf; they really stick out!

My Thoughts:

I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, is written by Ally Carter, who is also the author of Heist Society. I've never read a book about spies of secret agents, before I stumbled across Ally Carter's Heist Society, and I found myself enjoying before I even made it through the first chapter. I loved it!

Even though I haven't yet read Uncommon Criminals, I wanted to read more about the same topic, and more from Ally Carter. She mixes the whole spy/agent thing with being a girl very well. When I heard she had another series out (I believe the fifth book is coming out soon!), I just had to jump on the opportunity!

Even though the Gallagher Girl series and Heist Society are kind of the same, the main characters can't be anymore opposite. In I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, the main character Cammie (also know as the Chameleon) not only attends a school for just girls, but also for just spies. While in Heist Society, the main character is trying to stop spying, but later in the story gets pulled into it anyways.

Never really knowing anyone else, who isn't a spy or who doesn't go to the Gallagher Academy, Cammie is curious to see and know what it feels like to be normal. Her dad isn't around, and her mom runs Gallagher Academy. Though, Cammie is always around her mom (a.k.a. the princple), she's never felt really close to her.

Gallagher Academy, is a boarding school, Cammie shares her room with her two best friends! Bex and Liz; all sophomores. Until a new girl, who is forced to come to Gallagher, is moved into their bedroom.

Since it is a school for spies, it provides special classes for spies! In one of Cammie's classes she actually has an assignment, to go out and follow one of the staff members from school. After ducking, chasing, running, and making sure no one saw her, Cammie runs into a boy named Josh.

Before she knows it, she has the biggest crush on him!

Not being able to tell him, Cammie starts making up lies about herself; where she goes to school, when her birthday is etc. Soon all the lies, and excuses start to pile up, until someone sees, and catches onto her lies.

Before reading I'd Tell You That I Love You, But Then I'd Have to Kill You, I already knew I would enjoy it! Simply because I LOVED Ally Carter's writing style in Heist Society! I can't wait to read the rest of the series, and finally start on Uncommon Criminals! Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE this series <3
    Glad you enjoyed it! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gallagher Academy sounds like a ton of fun... I wanna be a spyyy!! hahaha! Haven't read this series, but I think I should and SOON!


    Thanks for sharing!
    Diana

    ps. I dont know if you got my tweet, but I received FOREVER today :) thanks you so much!! You're the bestttt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haven't read anything from Ally Carter but I've been meaning to read Heist Society. I think i'll be adding this one on the list since it looks like you definitely love it :)

    I also love the cover!

    Jay @ We Fancy Books

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read her but heard great things about her. Great review and glad you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!