May 07, 2012

It's Monday, What Are You Reading?

Welcome to Turning Pages, and to a whole new week!

As always I'm reading two books! City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare..



City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)"Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go — especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil — and also her father. To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings — and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?"

Which I'm having a hard time, finding time, to read. I don't want to read it during school, simply because I don't want to miss any important details. Which means I have to make time for it, on the side on chores, homework, blogging and other things. But I hope to finish blogging early and get some reading time in before I go to bed tonight! If you have read the City of Ashes or any of the other books in the series, comment down below and let me know what you think of the series so far!!

The Fault in Our Stars...The Fault In Our Star, by John Green!

"Diagnosed with Stage IV thyroid cancer at 12, Hazel was prepared to die until, at 14, a medical miracle shrunk the tumours in her lungs... for now. Two years post-miracle, sixteen-year-old Hazel is post-everything else, too; post-high school, post-friends and post-normalcy. And even though she could live for a long time (whatever that means), Hazel lives tethered to an oxygen tank, the tumours tenuously kept at bay with a constant chemical assault. Enter Augustus Waters. A match made at cancer kid support group, Augustus is gorgeous, in remission, and shockingly to her, interested in Hazel. Being with Augustus is both an unexpected destination and a long-needed journey, pushing Hazel to re-examine how sickness and health, life and death, will define her and the legacy that everyone leaves behind."

This book has been on every blog I read, Goodreads, Youtube, and even some of my friends at school (who never, ever read) are reading it too, so it was about time I get myself a copy!

What books are you starting this week off?

1 comment:

  1. You know, it's been such a long time since I read City of Ashes (or City of Bones or Glass) that I can't remember what happened anymore. I think it's a sign that I should reread TMI! I prefer TID to her first series, though.

    The Fault in our Stars is on my to-read list, too! After reading Looking for Alaska, John Green's totally on my radar and I'm so glad I found him. I can't wait to get it!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!