July 27, 2015

Updating Goodreads & Why I'm The Worst At Doing So...

Okay, so I'm not very good with social media, both with my blogging social media as well as my personal. I go on, check to see what everyone else is up to, but I'm just the worst at updating my own.

Social media, and actually using it, is a skill I'm still trying to learn and uphold.

Goodreads. Twitter. Instagram. You name it. I'm the worst.

I love the idea each one of these social media subjects has; marking what books you want to read, or that you enjoyed, posting 150 character phrases multiple times throughout the day, or posting pictures of what you're doing. They all sound absolutely amazing, but for some reason, I'm just not actually doing them.


I use Twitter every time I post a blog post, so I'm pretty content with it. I do wish, however, do use it more on a daily basis, whenever something happens to me related to books, or Etsy, or Turning Pages in any other way. I want to use Twitter to share news with you guys as it's happening, but a few days later when I'm writing a post about it.

I'm starting to get used to Instagram. It's something new I'm still playing with, and actually learning how to use. Once I know all of the different aspects that come with Instagram, I know that it will become my most used social media, simply because it's run through my phone. I love the idea of sharing pictures of my new stickers, or paperclips, or snapping a picture of the book I'm currently reading.

And finally, Goodreads...

Goodreads is the hardest thing for me to maintain. I'm not sure why. Maybe because I run through books so quickly, that I would be updating it constantly. Maybe because I don't use it to post my book reviews there, because I have a blog to do that with. Maybe because it isn't directly on my phone, and I can't use it wherever I'm at.

But my Goodreads account is suffocating in dust.

Am I the only with this problem? I mean I don't even understand why I would have this problem. I love reading books, and sharing everything about them. I love posting pictures, and want to share all of the crazy things that happen to me. ESPECIALLY with a blog, Youtube and Etsy shop! Are you facing these same issues?

I want to challenge myself to use my various sources of social media each, once a day. This doesn't sound too hard to do for most, but for me it will be a challenge.

To make this possible, I know I'm going to have to download all of the apps onto my phone. With finishing up my last few days at work, and school starting up again soon, I know I won't be home or around the computer very often...unless I'm doing homework or blogging.

Another way to make this possible, is to share my social media with you guys more often. I want people to follow me, and actually see what I'm posting. If I may say so myself, my tweets can be pretty funny sometimes. A little sarcastic, but funny none the less....


I hope you guys check me out, and follow me through any form of social media. AND if you have this same issue, or have overcome this issue already feel free to comment down below! I would love to hear your suggestions!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!