July 16, 2015

Book Shelf Tour

Looking back at my 4.5 years of blogging, I realized that I've never truly posted a bookshelf tour. Isn't that amazing? I actually regret it, because I would love to go back to each year and see how my reading has progressed and changed.

But better late than never, right?

It took a lot of work and courage to finally do this. I've been going through a busy time in my life, and cleaning and organizing my shelves aren't always on the top of my list. Pulling out all of the books, dusting and cleaning the shelves, and then organizing them all back in, takes up a good portion of the day. It isn't something you can get done in an hour. It's mentally and physically exhausting.

My shelves take up an entire wall in my room, and they're something you can't over look. Every time I was in my room, this entire wall was a dusty mess. It was unorganized, dirty, things were stacked everywhere, and I couldn't find what I was looking for.

I knew it was well overdue to not only to clean my shelves but also to get rid of books I know I wouldn't read. If you've read a few posts ago, and watched the video, then you know just how many and just what books I got rid of. If you didn't you can go ahead and check out my Book Unhaul here.

So please watch, please enjoy....but please, don't judge!


If you thought that was bad, add another 60+ books, and like three inches of dust!

My ultimate goal is to have two or three cubbies be the books I haven't read yet, and my favorite books scattered throughout a nice and clean bookshelf. I want to be able to actually use book ends and decorate with small knick knacks or candles.

I know it won't be happening any time soon, but today and the day I unhauled all of those books, were two big steps to getting me closer!

Do you have a bookshelf tour? Link it down below! I would love to see what your shelves look like!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!