July 01, 2015

Just Get Rid of It Already!!...Book Unhauling

So before I start today's post, I want to inform you all about my Etsy sticker Shop, Turning Pages Co, that just officially opened this morning! I'm offering a free sheet of stickers with any purchase made within the first 48 hours of business. Meaning if you make an order before Thursday at 8:00 am, Pacific Time, you'll be sent an extra sheet of cute stickers!

What stickers you may ask? One these cuties of course!


I hope you stop by at Turning Pages Co, and take advantage of this opportunity!



As some of you may know, I recently went through a huge change in my life, mainly through blogging. I decided that I was done reading books that I wasn't excited about reading, and that I was done forcing my way through them, just to write a review were I explained just how okay the book was.

Like everyone else and their blog, Turning Pages was created from the pure enjoyment of reading, and sharing my thoughts with others, who also shared this enjoyment. I wasn't expecting to get review books sent to me, nor was I expecting to go to amazing clearance book sales. I was like a child in a candy store, with a pocket full of cash. My eyes were wide, and I took more than I could handle.

After years of doing this, I lost the enjoyment of blogging, of reviewing, even of reading. It felt more like a job, than a past time. That's why I decided to take a two month break, and reconsider my options.

Now that I'm back in full swing, there is something huge I need to do. And before I can truly feel free from those times of constant pressure, and feeling that I NEED to read all of these books, I need to get rid of them.

Dah, Daaah, DAAAHHHH!

So today I decided to go throw my shelves, and get rid of anything that I know I will never read...then again for those books I actually know I won't read...and then one more time for books that I'm just not interested in.

  

Time is truly limited, and I don't want to waste it on books, that I'm not excited for, that I'm not absolutely dying to read.

It's time to let go of them!

Even with getting rid of this many books, I still have a lot of work to do. Not only by getting rid of more books, cleaning and organizing my shelves, but also when I purchase or receive new books.

Of course I plan on buying new ones, and accepting review books offered to me. But I need to remember that if I'm not 100% interested and planning to read it within the month or two, I shouldn't be picking it up or accepting it.

My ultimate goal, is to have a cute book shelf, with my favorite books, cute book ends, and some bright decorations. Right now, my shelves are crammed, stacked, and stuffed with unwanted books, so I still have a ways to go. But I'm excited for the future. I'm excited for books, that I'm excited about...no matter how ridiculous that sounds!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!