September 29, 2013

Blogger of the Week: Joana In The Sky With Books

Joana In The Sky With Books
Your Name/Blog's Name: Hi! My name is Joana and my blog is called Joana In The Sky With Books (yes, it is very, very loosely based on a Beatles song haha)
Genre: I usually review YA books of pretty much any kind. Sometimes I might review one or two NA books (even though I haven’t done that…yet)
Blog Established: My blog is very recent! I created on May 24th, 2013 and my first post was on May 26th (I am terrible with HTML so it took me two extremely stressful days to get everything to work properly! Hahaha)
Inspiration: I have to admit that I didn’t really know about the existence of book blogs until a few weeks before I created my own blog (well, I was aware that people blogged about books, I just never imagined there would be such a great, big community behind it). The moment I saw how many book blogs there were and how amazing the community was, I just felt the need to start sharing my opinions and hopefully meet new people with the same interests as me 
Coffee or Tea: Neither, actually! Both of them make me a bit sick (it has been like that my whole life and I have no idea why…which is a shame because I could use some coffee in class). I would say that my favourite drink is water (and I also like chocolate milk quite a lot!).

Photo1. Where is your favorite place to read?

Definitely in bed! It’s so comfy! And the other day I read on the train…it was quite pleasant too!

2. How often do you go out, planning on not purchasing any books, but end up buying some anyways?

It doesn’t happen a lot…I spend hours at book stores and every time I find a book I want I just need to check the price tag and immediately I put it down thinking “You’re cheaper on The Book Depository” haha.

3. Name one book you didn’t think you would enjoy, but ended up loving it.

My Best Friend’s Girl by Dorothy Koomson. I wasn’t much into contemporary fiction at the time so it was a nice surprise!

4. Which do you prefer paperback, hardback, or ebook? Why?

I LOVE paperbacks! They aren’t too heavy and difficult to handle like hardbacks. I read quite a lot of ebooks (since they are cheaper) but it’s never the same thing…

5. One morning you wake up with super powers what would they be?

It might sound awful, but I am pretty sure it would be to be able to listen to people’s thoughts…I’m really curious about what goes inside everyone’s mind. I guess I could help the police catch the bad guys, right?

6. If you won ten million dollars, what would you do with it?

I have thought about this quite a lot! First of all, I would help my parents pay off any debts they had. Then I would save some money for the rest of my university years and also save some so I could go study abroad for a year or two! Then I would buy lots of books and travel the entire world (and maybe invest some of the Money? I’m not sure about it yet!)

Joana's Links:


Thank you so much for stopping by Joana and answering a few questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!