February 28, 2012

Book Review #72: Anna and The French Kiss

Anna and the French Kiss

Title: Anna and the French Kiss.
Author: Stephanie Perkins.
Format: Hardback.
Pages: 400.
Series: Yes, #1.
Source: Purchased.
Publisher: Penguin.
Published Date: 8/4/2011.

Summary:

"Anna can't wait for her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a good job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. So she's not too thrilled when her father unexpectedly ships her off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair, the perfect boy. The only problem? He's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her crush back home. Will a year of romantic near-misses end in the French kiss Anna awaits?"

Cover:

First seeing it, I thought it was a little bit weird. But after looking at it a few times, it became almost that dorky cute! I really like that the Eiffel Tower is in the background, and on the side, it really sticks out from the other books in my shelf.

My Thoughts:

Anna and the French Kiss was one of those books, that I felt everyone and their grandmother read, and I didn't. Whenever I ran to the library or stopped at Barnes and Nobles, either someone already had checked it out, or they didn't have anymore in stock.

My dad finally came home with it one day, and I just couldn't wait to read it. Sadly months past before I picked it up and started.

I really regret not reading it as soon as my dad handed it to me! Anna and the French Kiss wasn't something I've read before, it was something new! I've always wanted to go to France, and Paris, and see all the beautiful art work, the city, and try the food (of course!). And even though, I haven't been there yet, it was almost like Anna came out of the book, grabbed my hand, and took me across the ocean with her!

Anna is a senior in high school, but instead of spending her senior year with her friends back at home, her parents actually send her all the across the world to attend a private school in France. Trying to make the best of things, Anna soon and easily makes friends. She meets a few girls she hangs out with, she also meets a cute guy named St. Claire, and even finds her own little heaven; a little old movie theater close to her dorm building.

From the beginning, it was obvious that Anna was going to have a massive crush on St.Claire. But what kept me on the edge of my seat was the fact that Anna also liked a boy at home, and most importantly St. Claire has a long time girlfriend. It was perfect (well, for the reader!) I couldn't wait to see how things played out, which caused me, not to be able to put the book down.

I love Stephanie Perkins humor! I love the main characters, and just the way things worked out. I'm not too sure if the second book includes Anna some how, but I can't wait to read more from Stephanie Perkins! The second book is Lola and the Boy Next Door, and its already in stores!

2 comments:

  1. You weren't the only one that hasn't read this book, I still haven't. My library doesn't carry it and I don't generally buy books unless I know that I am going to reread them since I don't really have the space for them. I hope my library gets it in soon because I have been dying to read it.
    Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me awhile to read this one, but I finally got a copy because I'd read so many great reviews of it. This is one of those titles that book bloggers are definitely thanked for getting me to read because I would have dismissed it as too fluffy based on the title/original cover.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!