May 16, 2011

Book Review #21: Clarity

Clarity (Clarity, #1)Title: Clarity
Author: Kim Harrington
Format: Hardback
Series: None
Publisher: Point
Published Date: March, 2011.

Summary:

"Clarity "Clare" Fern sees things. Things no one else can see. Things like stolen kisses and long-buried secrets. All she has to do is touch a certain object, and the visions come to her. It's a gift.

And a curse.

When a teenage girl is found murdered, Clare's ex-boyfriend wants her to help solve the case--but Clare is still furious at the cheating jerk. Then Clare's brother--who has supernatural gifts of his own--becomes the prime suspect, and Clare can no longer look away. Teaming up with Gabriel, the smoldering son of the new detective, Clare must venture into the depths of fear, revenge, and lust in order to track the killer. But will her sight fail her just when she needs it most?"
-Barnes and Noble.

Cover Opinion: 4/5
I love white covers, they just look really clean, neat, bright and happy. While I was reading during school, my friend El John happened to look at the cover. After asking me what it was about, he informed me that I looked exactly like the girl on the cover xD
I'm not sure if I believe that though(:

Character-

Favorite:
Even though Nate isn't in the story much, but when he is, he's a sweetheart. Instead of only having one brother Clare feels that she has two. Nate, has been around ever since Clare was younger, his always there standing up for her, when kids at school picked on her. When Clare hung out with both Perry (her brother) and Nate (his best friend), she never felt like a third wheel, she always felt welcome.

Least:
Tiffany, a girl from school that's been bullying Clare. During a party (yes, there was alcohol) Perry (Clare's brother) hooked up with Tiffany. When Tiffany realized that, that was all Perry wanted, she seeked revenge. The only to hurt Perry was to hurt his little sister. Throughout the whole book (more in the beginning than the end) Tiffany, is just rude and doesn't seem like someone I would want to be friends with.

Storyline: 5/5
Clare believes that she family is a family of freaks; she a psychic (she touches objects, and can see others memories), her mothers a telepath (reads minds, but not in depth) and lastly her brother is a meduim (he can talk to the dead). They live in a small beach town in Cape Cod, and own a psychic business.
When a tourist (Victoria) gets murdered, Clares brother becomes the top suspect. While attempting to help him as much as she can, Clare goes the distance. I've never really read a book about mysteries and murders, but I really enjoyed Clarity! Throughout the book I had a few suspects on who it could be, but I was totally wrong!(:

Ending: 4.5/5
I would have never expected the murderer! I suspected her brother, than Gabriel (the sheriff's son), but never who it truly was. It blew my mind!:D One thing I didn't like, was that Clare didn't get back with her ex-boyfriend (Justin)!:/

1 comment:

  1. I still haven't read this Clarity yet but it's something I'll have to look into now. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!