September 20, 2015

The Offering, by Kimberly Derting


The Offering (The Pledge, #3)

The Offering by Kimberly Derting
(The Pledge #3)
Release Date: 12/31/13.


"True love—and world war—is at stake in the conclusion to The Pledge trilogy, a dark and romantic blend of dystopia and fantasy.
Charlie, otherwise known as Queen Charlaina of Ludania, has become comfortable as a leader and a ruler. She’s done admirable work to restore Ludania’s broken communications systems with other Queendoms, and she’s mastered the art of ignoring Sabara, the evil former queen whose Essence is alive within Charlie. Or so she thinks.

When the negotiation of a peace agreement with the Queendom of Astonia goes awry, Charlie receives a brutal message that threatens Ludania, and it seems her only option is to sacrifice herself in exchange for Ludanian freedom.

But things aren’t always as they seem. Charlie is walking into a trap—one set by Sabara, who is determined to reclaim the Queendoms at any cost."


The Offering is the third and final book in The Pledge trilogy! And I will say this over and over again, I love Kimberly Derting's writing, characters and stories! If you haven't read anything from her yet, you definitely should, because you're missing out.

After reviewing, both in verbal terms and in writing, The Pledge and The Essence, I'm starting to feel like I'm repeating myself a lot. I don't want to give too much information away from the previous books, and everything I can say, I feel like I already have.


Instead of giving you all a little bit of background information, I'm just going straight to the meat and potatoes, to tell you what I think about the final segment in this trilogy!

I can easily say I'm in love. I started this trilogy curious about the main character, Charlie and her ability to speak so many languages. Also, I really wanted to see what kind of society she lived in, and what conditions she had to live with. But this trilogy gave me so much more than that.

It gave me a strong and brave female leading character, that doesn't exactly know what she's doing, but she knows exactly what she wants for her Queendom and people. She was quickly thrown into the royal throne, and Charlie basically rolls with the punches!

It also gave me, three fantastic endings, one explosive, one that kept me on the edge of my seat, and one that wasn't "happily ever after", but more than I could have ever hoped for. 

I couldn't get enough.

But after reading the entire trilogy, there are still a few questions I have that have been left unanswered.

1. Now that the society isn't divided by language or class, what other powers does Charlie have? Is that it?
2. What about Charlie's little sister? Will she use her powers to heal other people besides her family?

Overall, I enjoyed The Pledge trilogy, and can't wait to see what else Kimberly Derting has in store for her fans! Have you read this trilogy yet? What did you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!