January 03, 2014

Mini Review: Serious Sas and Messy Magda

Serious Sas and Messy MagdaTitle: Serious Sas and Messy Magda.
Author: Marianne de Pierres.
Pages: 32.
Publisher: Books to Treasure.
Published Date: 9/2/13.
Links:
Goodreads
Barnes and Noble

My Thoughts:

I usually don't review children's books here on Turning Pages! BUUT Marianne has been a VERY good friend of mine over the years, and has done everything she can to support me, and my goals, so I'm doing the same for her, by reviewing her newest book.

First off, I loved the illustrations! Each page was filled! They were colorful, bright, and I'm pretty sure I spent more time looking at all the different things on each page, then it took me to read the sentence at the bottom. I'm 19 years old, and I found myself mesmerized by each picture.

The story is short and sweet. While I've read countless books to my cousins, or to other younger children, while babysitting, Serious Sas and Messy Magda was completely different. Sas was embarrassed of her mom, and of her unorganized way of living, but during "Bring Your Mom To School" day, she realized that her mom's messy-ness, and willingness to have fun, is why she loves her mom.

Great story for bedtime! It's something I plan to share with my family and with the kids I babysit (:

Thank you for Marianne for letting me review!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!