December 14, 2013

New Year? New Turning Pages!

Welcome to Turning Pages!

Can you believe that 2014 is just around the corner? 2014!

Over the years Turning Pages has gone through multiple changes from the layout to other much smaller details. And every single year I try to improve and simplify my blog, for convenience and just to give it an overall better look.

Usually I make small differences here and there, but with the new year, I felt Turning Pages could use a fresh and new start. While I like the cover and theme that I have going on right now, I do have some things in mind that need drastic improvement.

  1. Review List: I hate it! I completely hate the way it looks, and that its so hard to find a certain review. I think it's ugly AND difficult to utilize. When I first created the list, I knew it wasn't what I wanted, but also I had no clue how to do it differently. I'm still not sure just how I want to fix it, but I do want to have to separate lists; one that goes by the authors' names, and another that goes by the book title. I hope that this will make things a bit easier and better to manage.
  2. My Header: It's plain right now, only because there's already one in the works, that will match perfectly with my button. 
  3. Background: While the background does go along with my button as well as my header, I'm just not sure how I feel about it. I think it's just too much, and I would rather go with a plain one color background instead.
  4. Blogger of the Week: I feel like this is such an amazing type of post, that really spreads the word about others' blogs, but it hasn't received much love. I hope to find a way to make it much more frequent and interesting for others.
  5. Other Memes: Besides Blogger of the Week, I also hope to create my own images for each of my favorite memes that will go along with my blog theme. I think it will really tie things together and look much neater.
  6. Twitter: It's extremely important to keep connected, and to put my reviews and other points out there for people to check out. And Twitter is one of the best ways to do that. But again, my twitter hasn't gotten much love from me. This is one of the biggest changes I hope to make.
These are all just changes I, as the blogger, want to make for the new year. But you the reader is the most important piece to this entire game, so if there are any changes that you would recommend, please! PLEASE! Leave a comment down below, I would love to hear them, and take them into consideration! Thank you.


2 comments:

  1. I hear you about design. I really want to change the design on my blog for a long time now but haven't seen anything yet that makes me just want to do it. Good luck!!

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with whatever changes you make. I think your Blogger of the Week feature is a good one, and I can relate about Twitter. It's a lot of fun but sometimes I have to remind myself to get on there and promote my posts.

    Anyway hope you have fun re- designing!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!