October 02, 2011

In My Mailbox #27

City of Ashes, by Cassandra Clare.

"Clary Fray just wishes that her life would go back to normal. But what's normal when you're a demon-slaying Shadowhunter, your mother is in a magically induced coma, and you can suddenly see Downworlders like werewolves, vampires, and faeries? If Clary left the world of the Shadowhunters behind, it would mean more time with her best friend, Simon, who's becoming more than a friend. But the Shadowhunting world isn't ready to let her go—especially her handsome, infuriating, newfound brother, Jace. And Clary's only chance to help her mother is to track down rogue Shadowhunter Valentine, who is probably insane, certainly evil—and also her father.
To complicate matters, someone in New York City is murdering Downworlder children. Is Valentine behind the killings—and if he is, what is he trying to do? When the second of the Mortal Instruments, the Soul-Sword, is stolen, the terrifying Inquisitor arrives to investigate and zooms right in on Jace. How can Clary stop Valentine if Jace is willing to betray everything he believes in to help their father?
In this breathtaking sequel to City of Bones, Cassandra Clare lures her readers back into the dark grip of New York City's Downworld, where love is never safe and power becomes the deadliest temptation."


Relic Master: The Dark City, by Catherine Fisher.

"Welcome to Anara, a world mysteriously crumbling to devastation, where nothing is what it seems: Ancient relics emit technologically advanced powers, members of the old Order are hunted by the governing Watch yet revered by the people, and the great energy that connects all seems to also be destroying all. The only hope for the world lies in Galen, a man of the old Order and a Keeper of relics, and his sixteen-year-old apprentice, Raffi. They know of a secret relic with great power that has been hidden for centuries. As they search for it, they will be tested beyond their limits. For there are monsters-some human, some not-that also want the relic's power and will stop at nothing to get it."


Tiger's Curse, by Colleen Houck.

"The last thing Kelsey Hayes thought she’d be doing this summer was trying to break a 300-year-old Indian curse. With a mysterious white tiger named Ren. Halfway around the world.
But that’s exactly what happened.
Face-to-face with dark forces, spell- binding magic, and mystical worlds where nothing is what it seems, Kelsey risks everything to piece together an ancient prophecy that could break the curse forever.
Tiger’s Curse is the exciting first volume in an epic fantasy-romance that will leave you breathless and yearning for more."

15 comments:

  1. I haven't read the Mortal Instruments series yet, but I know it's suppose to be really good and when I first saw it I wanted to get it mainly because it was set in New York:P

    Happy reading:)

    jenn | my IMM
    Be sure to enter my Birthday Bash Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the Mortal Instruments series and I hope you'll enjoy it too! I'm curious to see what you think of Tiger's Curse and Relic Master.

    Have a great reading week,

    -P.E.
    Tantalizing Illusions

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy all of your books!! They're all on my tbr list!! Come check out my IMM!!

    http://paigebradish1996.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you like The Mortal Instruments, I know I did!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool. I've read 1 and 3 :) both were very good. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've read and loved City of Ashes in the spring and I'm getting Tiger's Curse latter this month. It's supposed to be an amazing book. Hope you enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like the mortal instruments series. I have seen the other books around but not really looked to see what they are about.

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved the Mortal Instruments, hope you like it too :) I have heard good things about the other two but haven't picked them up yet, might have to soon! Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tiger's Curse sound good. I haven't read Mortal Instruments and I'm planning to read it soon. Hope you enjoy your books. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a bunch of great books :)

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/10/in-my-mailbox.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't wait to read City of
    Ashes!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great haul! I really enjoyed City of Ashes. I hope you do too. It's a great series.

    Giselle
    Xpresso Reads
    P.S. I've also got a new giveaway on my blog for Remembrance if you want to enter.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for stopping by my IMM. :) City of Ashes is great (though City of Glass was probably my favorite of the series.) and Tiger's Curse has been on my TBR pile for awhile. I hope you like them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You will LOOVEEE City of Ashes, and every other book by Cassandra Clare!
    Thanks for commenting on my IMM and I'm a new follower!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got some lovely books! I really need to get on with reading the Mortal Instruments series... I feel like everyone has read those books but me...
    Happy reading and thanks for stopping by my blog! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!