October 22, 2011

Book Review #57: Fade

Title: Fade.
Author: Lisa McMann.
Format: Paperback.
Pages: 248.
Series: Yes, #2 (Wake Trilogy).
Source: Purchased.
Publisher: Simon Pulse.
Published Date: September 10, 2009.
Summary:

"SOME NIGHTMARES NEVER END.
For Janie and Cabel, real life is getting tougher than the dreams. They're just trying to carve out a little (secret) time together, but no such luck.
Disturbing things are happening at Fieldridge High, yet nobody's talking. When Janie taps into a classmate's violent nightmares, the case finally breaks open — but nothing goes as planned. Not even close. Janie's in way over her head, and Cabe's shocking behavior has grave consequences for them both.
Worse yet, Janie learns the truth about herself and her ability — and it's bleak. Seriously, brutally bleak. Not only is her fate as a dream catcher sealed, but what's to come is way darker than she'd feared...."


Cover:

Nothing's better than a ice cold glass of water, after working out, spending the day at the beach, or just mowing the lawn on a hot summer day.

Looking at this cover, it makes me swallow, and want to get a glass of water for myself.

Sadly, the cover doesn't have much to do with the story line. The first book Wake, had a pillow on it which made sense, since the main character gets sucked into peoples dreams. But I'm not exactly sure how a cold glass of water ties in.

Story Line:

Before I even start the official review, please make sure, that you know this is the second book in the Wake Trilogy! This review might include spoilers to the first book; just wanted to remind you again, incase you plan on reading Wake soon, I don't ruin it for you!

Janie, the main character, has always had the power, she considers it a curse, to go jump into peoples dreams. It can happen when people are sleeping in her house, at school, or on the bus. It can happen at anytime, when shes driving, doing homework, or eating.

Recently joining the police force, the captain asked Janie to help find a teacher who might be having a relationship with one of their students. Janie can't say no, she wants to help, but Caleb, her boyfriend, isn't as sure as Janie is about this whole situation. Like any nice guy, he doesn't want her getting hurt, and he knows about Janie's dream jumping.

Fade was amazing! It made me want to go out and buy Gone, before I even finished the last page; thank goodness I already have it! The ending blew my mind, I would have never thought it would end the way it did. If you haven't read Wake yet, you NEED to! And what better time than now? It's October, the perfect time for a book like Wake, or Lisa McMann's Cryer's Cross!

I really enjoyed Lisa McMann's writing style, I've enjoyed everything I've heard from her so far (Wake, Fade, and Cryer's Cross). Even though, I don't want the trilogy to end, I can't wait to finally start Gone(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!