October 02, 2011

Book Review #52: Beyond the Grave

Title: Beyond the Grave.
Author: Mara Purnhagen.
Format: E-Book.
Pages: 256.
Series: Nope.
Source: Netgalley.
Publisher: Harlequin.
Published Date: August 23, 2011.

Summary:

"I can't move forward with my life, until I know my demons are confined to the past…
Being Charlotte Silver, the daughter of famous paranormal investigators, means my life isn't like that of other teenage girls. Especially after what happened to my parents. Things changed. I missed prom and deferred my big college plans. But I still have my boyfriend, Noah. He's everything I could want—if I can figure out what's up with him. Suddenly Noah is secretive.
I fear it has something to do with what happened to us three months ago. The bruise Noah suffered during a paranormal attack has never completely faded. Now I've learned Noah is researching demons. And when he disappears, it's up to me to find him—before something else does."


Cover:

I feel that judging a cover of a book, by a small picture on my computer screen just isn't fair. Since, I only read Beyond the Grave, in e-book form, I don't believe it would be right.

Characters-

In Beyond the Grave, I really liked all of the characters; they all seemed real and down to earth. There was no mean girl, or jerk.

Charlotte, the main character, is someone I could easily be friends with. Noah, is the biggest sweetheart. Bliss, even though her and Charlotte never got along in high school, was still so nice and kind to Charlotte in her time of need.

All of the characters were fantastic, and I loved their relationships with one another(:

Story Line:

I have to admit, I really enjoy watching those paranormal, ghost hunting shows! Everyone keeps trying to tell me, their fake and it's not real. But still, I just really like watching them, I just think their very interesting.

Even though I love watching the shows, I would never want to or even have the guts to be one of these ghost hunters. Going into peoples' houses at night, and asking a ghost to show itself, just doesn't seem like it would be my kind of thing.

In Beyond the Grave, that's exactly what Charlotte and her family do. They go to haunted houses, churches, and prisons, to find paranormal activity. In one of their recent cases, Charlotte's mom was attacked by an entity and has been in a coma for months already.

Not having enough footage, to make another DVD, Shane (Charlotte's older brother), his girlfriend, Noah (Charlotte's boyfriend) and Charlotte go back to the haunted prison. Of course without permission from their dad, because he would never let them go back, after what happened to their mom.

Which is totally understandable, because no one would want to lose their wife and their kids. But on the other hand, their family depends on the money that comes in through the DVDs, and if they don't finish,

they won't have money.

When everything seems to be going great for Charlotte and Noah, Noah starts to act differently; almost like he's not fully there. Has the Watcher taken both her mom and her boyfriend from her? How far will Charlotte go to get her family back?

I honestly don't like reading e-books, but if I have to, I will. But I feel like it affects my opinions on the book. Even though, the copy I read was an e-book copy from netgalley, I still had a great time reading it. It was something new and fresh that I haven't read before(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!