October 07, 2011

Book Review #53: Tower Of Parlen Min


Title: Tower of Parlen Min.
Author: Matt Xell.
Format: E-book.
Series: Yes.
Source: Author.
Publisher: Indie Author.
Published Date: July 23, 2010.

Summary:

"Ves Asirin wins a trip to the Tower of Parlen Min. There, with 19 other children, he competes in the Sword Challenge; a series of puzzles and tasks, for $12 million. As fantastic and glorious as the tower seems to be, Ves finds that it keeps a dark and secret history that he has been connected to for over 150 years, a secret that will define his destiny ... if he can escape 'The shadow'."

Cover:

I would love to judge the cover, but I can't get myself to do it. Since the only copy I received for review was a e-book, I don't feel it's right, if I judge a cover, by a tiny picture on my computer.

Story Line:

First getting to know Ves, you can tell right away he doesn't fit in with the other kids at the orphanage, instead of playing cards, gossiping or just hanging out at lunch, he gets out his notebook and draws.

This notebook, is the most important thing to Ves. Not only can he express himself in it, by drawing, but also it's what lets him remember things. Yeah, we all have photo albums that remind us of good times we've had in the past, but this notebook allows Ves to remember things his done yesterday, two days ago, a week, a month, and even a year ago.

Ves has memory loss.

After being selected to go to the Tower of Parlen Min, for a few weeks, he meets nineteen other orphans, lives in a beautiful castle, and starts fitting in more and making friends.

Divided up into different teams, these twenty kids must fulfill three different tasks. The first team to do so, wins a huge sum of money. But these tasks aren't just riddles and rhymes, their more rigorous and dangerous than that.

Tower of Parlen Min, was something I don't think I would pick up, if I were to just choose a book to read. And in a way I had my doubts, just because it almost seemed, more middle grade than young adult.

But I was proved wrong, I had a great time reading it, even though I had to cram it into my schedule. It was a really long book, but it had really good action scenes and the ending blew my mind!

Want to read the Tower of Parlen Min? Make sure to enter my giveaway, the link is on my right sidebar!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!