July 14, 2011

Book Review #34: Heist Society


Title: Heist Society.
Author: Ally Carter.
Pages: 287.
Format: Hardback.
Series: Yes, #1.
Publisher: Disney Hyperion.
Published Date: February, 2010.

Summary:

"When Katarina Bishop was three, her parents took her to the Louvre...to case it. For her seventh birthday, Katarina and her Uncle Eddie traveled to Austria...to steal the crown jewels. When Kat turned fifteen, she planned a con of her own—scamming her way into the best boarding school in the country, determined to leave the family business behind. Unfortunately, leaving "the life" for a normal life proves harder than she'd expected.
Soon, Kat's friend and former co-conspirator, Hale, appears out of nowhere to bring her back into the world she tried so hard to escape. But he has good reason: a powerful mobster's art collection has been stolen, and he wants it returned. Only a master thief could have pulled this job, and Kat’s father isn’t just on the suspect list, he is the list. Caught between Interpol and a far more deadly enemy, Kat’s dad needs her help.
For Kat there is only one solution: track down the paintings and steal them back. So what if it’s a spectacularly impossible job? She’s got two weeks, a teenage crew, and hopefully just enough talent to pull off the biggest heist in her family’s (very crooked) history—and, with any luck, steal her life back along the way."


Cover: 5/5

Even though it doesn't really bother me, if book covers in a series don't match, I'm still glad they do(:
What I really like about this one, is her sly smile and her glasses. When you look into them, you can see one of the pieces of art she has to "steal" throughout the story. Awesome cover!(:

Characters-

In Heist Society, I really enjoyed all of the characters, from her little gang, to her dad and uncles. I must say, I didn't like Hale very much at the beginning of the book, but I found myself liking him more and more towards the end. But I do hope, that in the second book, Uncommon Criminals, that we get to know more about Kat's mom and the past.

Story Line:

It's like a family business, when the next generation gets old enough, they take over, doesn't matter if your family bakes, does construction, owns a farm, or steals. Some are okay with taking over, since their the next in line. But others like Kat, want something different, want something better for themselves, want more.

When you first get to know Kat, she's attending a private school. Well that is until she get's accused something she didn't do. She's been framed, and expelled.

As Kat walks out, expecting a cab, she sees a long limo waiting for her. To her surprise, Hale, a family friend sits inside waiting for her. From this moment on, everything changes. Will Kat be pushed back into her old life of theft? Will she accept the job? Is her father behind this? You'll just have to read the book to find out(;

When I picked this book up I was a little unsure if I would like it, but a lot of bloggers and youtubers I follow, said they had enjoyed Heist Society. Just like them I loved it! Before I even knew, I was already finished, and wanting more. Uncommon Criminals is the second book in the series, which I can't wait to start reading(:

4 comments:

  1. I just got it from the library. Can't wait to read the book! Great review. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next book in my to-read-soon shelf... I am blushing, that I haven't time to read this book :( It's so sad. I love your review. I like characters whose are on start of book so stupid and on the end I have love them. I am glad, that you like it and I can't wait to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely loved this book!

    Can't wait to read more from her!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this book too! The cast was so unique and I felt like they all contributed something to the jobs. Plus, how fun is just the idea of it all? Awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!