April 01, 2011

WTB (What The Book) #1: April 1, 2011



WTB? Simply stands for, What The Book? I made this memo up, so I guess I'm hosting it. This is also my very first time doing it, and I hope you guys will have fun and do it with me(: So here are the "rules"...

~State the most recent book you've finished or the best book you've read of that week, did you like it? Why or why not?
~You could add a small summary and a picture.
~If you have a review of it, you could also post the link.
~NO spoilers, please!(:
~What book do you plan on reading next, or currently reading?
~Again adding a summary and picture are optional.
~Let us know when or if a review will be up.
~Just copy and paste these rules and the picture above, and make your own WTB?.

The last book I've read and my favorite book of the week is Jenna & Jonahs Fauxmance (review will be up within the next day or two).

"Fans of romance don't need to look any further than the fauxmance brewing between teen idols Charlie Tracker and Fielding Withers-known on their hit TV show as Jenna and Jonah, next-door neighbors flush with the excitement of first love. But it's their off-screen relationship that has helped cement their fame, as passionate fans follow their every PDA. They grace the covers of magazines week after week. Their fan club has chapters all over the country. The only problem is their off-screen romance is one big publicity stunt, and Charlie and Fielding can't stand to be in the same room. Still, it's a great gig, so even when the cameras stop rolling, the show must go on, and on, and on. . . . Until the pesky paparazzi blow their cover, and Charlie and Fielding must disappear to weather the media storm. It's not until they're far off the grid of the Hollywood circuit that they realize that there's more to each of them than shiny hair and a winning smile."
-Barnes and Noble

Loved it; it was a very short and cute read. I liked that the chapters switched between both Charlie and Aaron, and that it didnt go too much into detail. I recommend this book to anyone whose looking for a light read, maybe something for the beach(:

The book I'm currently reading is Perfect Chemistry (review will be up by next week).

"When Brittany Ellis walks into chemistry class on the first day of senior year, she has no clue that her carefully created “perfect” life is about to unravel before her eyes. She’s forced to be lab partners with Alex Fuentes, a gang member from the other side of town, and he is about to threaten everything she's worked so hard for—her flawless reputation, her relationship with her boyfriend, and the secret that her home life is anything but perfect. Alex is a bad boy and he knows it. So when he makes a bet with his friends to lure Brittany into his life, he thinks nothing of it. But soon Alex realizes Brittany is a real person with real problems, and suddenly the bet he made in arrogance turns into something much more. In a passionate story about looking beneath the surface, Simone Elkeles breaks through the stereotypes and barriers that threaten to keep Brittany and Alex apart."
-Barnes and Noble.

So far I'm just in love with this book! OMG-osh! Awesome, Awesome. I hope the ending doesn't make me change my mind. Yes, I do plan on purchasing more Simone Elkeles books!:D

If you guys plan on making a WTB, please comment below and leave the link. I would love to see it:D Thank you soo much for taking the time to visit my blog!(:

lisa

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea...I like WTB.

    I just finished Ghellow Road. Here is the link to my review.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2011/04/ghellow-road-by-t-h-waters.html

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!