March 01, 2011

Review #1: Shiver

Happy Tuesday!!
And welcome to my very first book review(: Today's book is called, Shiver by
Maggie Stiefvater (Released 1 August 2009). I read this book a while back, but I felt this would be a great start to my reviews. Shiver is part of the Wolves of Mercy Falls series (#1 Shiver, #2 Linger, #3 Forever), but this is the only book I read from both this series and this author.

"The Cold

Grace has spent years watching the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow - eyed wolf -- her wolf -- watches back. He feels deeply familiar to her, but she doesn't know why.

The Heat

Sam has lived two lives. As a wolf, he keeps the silent company of the girl he loves. And then, for a short time each year, he is human, never daring to talk to Grace . . . until now.

The Shiver

For Grace and Sam, love has always been kept at a distance. But once its spoken, it cannot be denied. Sam must fight to stay human -- and Grace must fight to keep him -- even if it means taking on the scars of the past, the fragility of the present, and the impossibility of the future."


Shiver (The Wolves of Mercy Falls, #1)My Thoughts:

The first thing I noticed when I began reading was the blue ink. Instead of using black like most books have, Shiver uses the same blue as its cover. The second thing I noticed was the layout of the writing itself. Every chapter is almost like a journal entry, of both Sam and Grace. Example: Chapter 5 ~ Grace.

I love this book, its story line was great! There's so many werewolves and vampire books lately, but this story is totally different, I just love the story line. Sam has a lot of personal problems, bad memories from his childhood caused by his religious parents. ( emo boys are super cute!! xD) I can say this is one of the best books I have ever read, and plan on not just reading the last two of this series but also more novels by Stiefvater.

So this concludes my first book review, and I cant wait to do more. Please comment below if I should make any changes to how I should review a book, and let me know what you thought. Thank you soooo much more coming by and I hope to see you again(:

Lisa(:

1 comment:

  1. Best Werewolf series EVER. I loved Linger as well, and NEED to get my hands on Forever. Great review, totally agree with EVERYTHING :D

    Emo boys rule!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!