March 07, 2011

Book Review #2: Red Riding Hood

Hello Fellow Bookworms!(: I hope you've had a awesome Monday, and lots of great reading!
Lets get started, shall we?
Just like most books that are turned in to motion pictures, I enjoy reading the books first. Today's book review is going to be on Red Riding Hood (as seen in the title ^^) by Blakely-Cartwright/Johnson. This book was released only in paper and ebook format during January of 2011. Sooo here it goes!:D


Red Riding Hood
"Valerie's sister was beautiful, kind, and sweet. Now she is dead. Henry, the handsome son of the blacksmith, tries to console Valerie, but her wild heart beats fast for another: the outcast woodcutter, Peter, who offers Valerie another life far from home. After her sister's violent death, Valerie's world begins to spiral out of control. For generations, the Wolf has been kept at bay with a monthly sacrifice. But now no one is safe. When an expert Wolf hunter arrives, the villagers learn that the creature lives among them--it could be anyone in town. It soon becomes clear hat Valerie is the only one who can hear the voice of the creature. The Wolf says she must surrender herself before the blood moon wanes. . .or everyone she loves will die."
Teaser Sentences...
..."Was it Peter or I who pushed the other into killing?"
..."The Wolf knew I had killed before."


I fell in love with this book, its such a great twist to fairytale that I have known my entire life.It had romance (omg, which I la la la love!) and action, a great combination of both. I'm glad to know that a second book is coming out (this hint was given in the last couple of pages) so I'm really excited for not just the second book, but also the movie (which is coming out this Friday).
Thanks for coming by, and as always happy READING!(:
lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!