June 15, 2015

Please...Allow Me To Reintroduce Myself

Its been almost two months since the last time I posted something here on Turning Pages, almost two months when I decided it was time I took a break from blogging, and really evaluated what I was doing in life.

I'm attending full time university, working 25 to 35 hours a week, and dealing with all kinds of other things that life has in store for me. Two months ago, I needed some time to think about what's important to me, what I love doing, and what I needed to get done. I was completely overwhelmed and just wasn't having fun anymore; not just with blogging but in general.

I started Turning Pages over four years ago to have fun, to share my love of reading, and to be able to express myself. But as the years went on that changed. I started accepting review books, and I wasn't reading for fun anymore, I was pumping out reviews that didn't make me feel anything, and overall it became a job...a job I didn't really like.

Throughout the last two months, I was able to sort out a few things, find myself, as well as the passion I have for blogging. I decided that it was time I finally get back to it.

BUT a lot of things need to change. I want Turning Pages to be about me, about what I love and what I enjoy doing...after all it is my blog. I don't strictly want to read and review books, but instead I also want to incorporate organization, planning, beauty, life and anything else I may think of.


Blog Design & Layout:

If you've been following me, than you can probably tell that a lot of things have changed around here. Because this is a new start for me and I'm not just blogging about books, I thought it would be a good idea to changed the layout and design of Turning Pages. I tried keeping it cute and simply, because I hope to post a ton of bright and colorful photos in future posts!

Scheduling Posts & Videos:

Blog posts will be going up every Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Sunday. Videos, on the other hand, will go up Wednesday and Friday. (I hope to add Saturday in the future, but I don't want to overwhelm myself right now.)

I don't want to restrict myself on what type of content goes up when, so I didn't plan anything accordingly.

Social Media:

I've also updated and added to my social media. I'm continuing to use Twitter and Pinterest, but have also included Instagram. Besides that I'm still on Bloglovin', Goodreads and Google+, but I just haven't found any cute social media icons to add to the side bar.


To improve the content and the quality thereof, I've purchased a few organizational tools, as well as a tripod for better video quality. I might purchase a better laptop and a better camera, but I don't think I'll be doing that anytime soon. Before I purchase anything, I want to look around first and see what everyone else is using, and what computer and camera would work best for me. So if you have any suggestions, please them in the comments section!

And finally, I hope you guys are just as excited as I am about the future! I can't wait to get started, to see what you all are doing and to finally be able to freely express myself.


4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're back! I can't wait to see all of the things you have in store for us with your remodeled blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a tough decision to take these last two months off, but I honestly needed it. I needed it to be able to focus on finishing school this year, and to be able to take a breather and really look at what I'm blogging about.

      I'm glad to be back!

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Awesome!!! Welcome back, Lisa! :D Don't stress yourself out too much as you get back into the swing of things! Looking forward to seeing what new things you'll bring to your blog, which by the way is looking dashing! ;D
    Rosie @ Rosie Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh em goodness! Thank you! I tried keeping it simple...probably because I didn't know what I want. I do know I want to post tons of bright and colorful pictures, and honestly I was just tired of the pink, blue & green theme.

      I'm excited to have you guys back!

      Lisa

      Delete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!