June 21, 2015

It's My First Week Back! What Am I Reading?

It's my first week back at blogging, and all I've posted so far are two introductions and a sticker haul. No book reviews. No hauls. No book or reading content what so ever...

To be honest, I didn't really know where I wanted to get started. I have a history with reading, books and reviewing, so I was torn between starting where I ended off, or starting entirely new. But after contemplating, and even pushing this post off until the end of the week, I decided that I'm starting new.

I reinvented this blog, changed the design, and basically started from a clean template. Why would I dig into the past, where I wasn't even having a very good time, and rehash all of that negative energy? Why would I go back to where I felt so pressured to read books I didn't want to read? I wouldn't, so I didn't.


Throughout the school year, I basically hoard summer books. I love "summery" and contemporary reads, so whenever I stumble across one (especially at a good price), I buy it. Of course I don't read it though! That's just silly! I save it throughout the entire nine months of school, to read in my three months of summer break.

Summer break is now in full motion, and I still haven't decided which books to read. I usually start the summer off, with a TBR, filled with books I hope to get to during those three months. But with the way things are going, I'm a bit more spontaneous, and actually a little afraid of forcing myself to stick to a list again.

So instead, I'm just going to show you what I'm reading for the week(ish), which will probably include what I'm reading right at the moment, and the book, or two, I plan on reading next.


...FINALLY, without any more rambling, what am I reading?

Currently I'm in the middle of two books...


 photo 5c45bd33-de16-4142-a781-b84ee1f47673.jpg

This is What Happy Looks Like, by Jennifer E. Smith, is the first book I started reading. So far its pretty interesting. A girl accidentally gets sent an email from a movie star, but of course she doesn't know it's from him. I'm not too far into it, I'm right at the point where he finds her, or at least who he thinks is her...dah dah DAHHH!
I think its cute and lighthearted, and perfect for my first summer read. I really enjoyed The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight, so I was excited to get started with this one.

 photo ca192cd2-086a-4c06-b4ee-a23898615e82.jpg 

Dead Until Dark, by Charlaine Harris; I'm reading this one because I feel like its finally time to make the jump. I'm almost twenty one years old, and I haven't read a single adult series. Of course, I will forever buy and read YA, but I think it would be good for me to occasionally read an adult novel.

 photo b154ccb4-8134-4db1-9116-e790a797b2f4.jpg

I'm not exactly sure what I plan on reading next. I don't think I'll be getting too much reading done this week, because of a busy work schedule, planning a baby shower and going on a mini vacation this weekend. I might take a book to read, but who knows! Afterall, it is vacation!

But The Heir by Kiera Cass has been calling my name, ever since I brought it home from the store, so I might just have to indulge in that!

What are you all reading? Anything interesting or out of the ordinary? I would love to hear some suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!