June 22, 2015

Actually, Who Am I?

A lot of you don't know me....well all of you don't know me personally...unless your some strange kid that used to go to high school with me...who is still stalking me two years later on my blog...then you might just know me.

But GENERALLY, you don't know me. You may know my face, you may know what books I do and don't like, and you may know I'm a student, struggling my way through life. So you basically only know the surface of me.

I wasn't too sure what I was going to post today. I didn't want to post another haul. I didn't really have a book I could review. And I just wanted to sit down, and type away, without having to get dressed to make a video, or take pictures, or do something else. All I wanted to do was roll out of bed (it's my first day off in almost two weeks), make a cup of coffee, sit down, and write.

After a little bit of thought, I decided I would tell you about myself.


Variane Script

My real name is Lisa (I would hope that you guys AT LEAST KNOW THAT), I don't go by a fake name or anything, and I'm turning twenty one years old at the end of October.

I attend the state university where I live...I don't want to give the name, because you know, creeps.

I absolutely love it. I have always loved school. I don't know what it is about learning, and the new school supplies every year that gets me so excited! I enjoyed high school, but university is a hundred times better. In high school every kid had to attend; if they wanted to be there or not. It was hard if you were thrown into a group of kids who could care less about being there, which is exactly why university is so much more enjoyable. The people there, WANT to be there. They LOVE being there, and I LOVE being around people who want to be there.

Besides attending school, I also work any where from twenty five to thirty five hours a week, making coffee and selling frozen yogurt. My boyfriend's older sister got me the job, and now, ten months later, I'm assistant manager in our little store. I absolutely love working there; I'm allowed to do homework and read during down time, and I always get excited when a regular customer pulls through so we can catch up.

When I'm not attending classes, doing homework, or working, I'm usually out and about with friends, family or my boyfriend. Joshua and I have been dating since I was sixteen...which is about four and a half years. He isn't sensitive or all too romantic (like how we constantly seem to read about in some of our favorite YA romance books), but he is a lot of fun, cares about me, and occasionally has his soft spots and sensitive moments...even though he would never admit to them (don't tell him I told you so). Its crazy how in one moment he can make me the happiest girl in the world, and then the next can get on my last nerve.

He knows exactly how to make me laugh, which makes it hard to be mad.

Variane Script

My goals in life right now, are to finish college, not only with a Major in Accounting, but also a Minor in Education and a Minor in Mathematics. I want to earn those degrees by using grants and working for my own money, so basically staying FAR FAR away from loans.

I also want to feel good about myself, and feel healthy. So my goal is to work out two or three times a week. I haven't been able to the last two weeks, simply because I was so busy finishing up school and working, but I hope to get started back up again this week.

My goals for blogging/youtube, are to become more consistent, with new and interesting content. I want to spread my horizons when it comes to video editing, pictures, and social media. I hope to buy a new laptop, and a new filming camera to improve the quality of my content.

Other random goals include starting up my own Etsy shop and purchasing a Circut Explore Machine to create my own stickers. Also to keep my room more clean, to declutter my bookshelves from books I don't want anymore, and to study harder, and stop procrastinating with homework.

Overall I want to become a better me. I want to improve. I want to make goals and reach them. I want to be friendly, happy and just enjoy life.


6 comments:

  1. I'm that strange kid who knew you in high school that is still stalking your blog two years later :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha exactly! Do you see what I mean? Creepin!

      Lisa

      Delete
  2. Hi Lisa! I'm glad to see that college is so much better than high school. Next year is my senior year of high school and I'm pretty excited to finally go to college. It seems like there's much more freedom. I definitely want to get more into making YouTube videos; they seem pretty fun. I'd definitely check out your Etsy shop if you opened one! Have a good summer. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm starting to save for a Circut Explore Machine. I really want to start my Etsy shop on the right foot, including buying a good sticker machine, ink, paper, and even designing a good amount of stickers ahead of time.

      And YES! College is much better than high school. Don't get me wrong, it isn't easy and there's a lot of work. But you only take classes that are actually meaningful towards your major, and people want to be there to learn with you!

      Lisa

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you are enjoying college - that you love it. That's how I felt, too. For those like us, school supplies is like our secret crack! LOVE going to Office Depot, but hate the total. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Office Depot is a bit on the expensive side though. I don't want to school to start up again yet, but I'm dying for school supplies to start going on sale.Yes CRACK!

      Lisa

      Delete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!