February 21, 2014

Blogger of the Week: Random Things In Action!

Your Name/Blog's Name: I’m Haraiah and my blog is Random Things In Action.
Genre: Any genre as long as I have something to say about it. But majority of it would be YA.
Blog Established: I made my blogger account on 2011 but I started blogging on June 2012.
Inspiration: It was one of the things I did on a whim. I can’t really remember why I made a blogger account and since I didn’t know anything about blogging then, it was empty. But one day, I stumbled into this book blog by a fellow Filipina (The Blair Book Project).. I absolutely loved the way her blog looks and the contents. I didn’t even know that book blogs exists and that anyone can just do that. Then suddenly I was like, “Hey, I want to do this. This looks like something I’m going to enjoy. AND I LOVE BOOKS.” That’s when I decided to open my account and started making my first post. On that very same day. Even though I had no idea what I was doing or if it’s right. And that was the one and only blog I saw back then. It was only after my first post that I tried searching for other blogs. Everything else I learned along the way.
Coffee/Tea: Neither.

Random Things in Action

1. Have you always enjoyed reading, if not, what caused you to start? 

I’ve always enjoyed reading. When I was three or four I remember hiding in this small space between my wall and my closet so I can read aloud. I love reading aloud but since English is my third language, I can’t pronounce simple words like "the" correctly and I only understand little of what I’m reading. I’m afraid the oldies would laugh at me or ask me if I understood what I just read and wouldn’t know how to answer. I’ve only ever ask for books as gifts since I can remember except one Christmas when I was five, instead of receiving books my parents gave me and my sister a whiteboard and a marker because they’re sick of repainting walls and closets whenever we thought papers were too small to draw on.

2. When you’re not reading or blogging, what are you doing? 

School, mostly. Projects, quizzes, homeworks, club meetings and outreaches, occasional partying. I revel every little alone time I can find to read or blog that’s why I lock myself in my room on Sundays rather than hang-out with friends or go to the mall.

3. What time of day are you usually reading?

When everyone else is asleep. That’s the only time of the day I can read uninterrupted. And that’s also the only time I’m kind of free.

4. Do you always read an entire book from finish to end, even if you’re not enjoying it? 

I try to. I always give it time to get better as it goes on but sometimes there are books that I just can’t take anymore. That’s when I decide not to torture myself further. Although there are times that the urge to continue occur after a considerable time of cooling down, then I give it a second chance and continue.

5. What are your plans to improve your blog? 

I’ve always wanted to redesign it but I’m afraid I don’t have a lot of time available to accomplish that yet. For now I’m aiming for better contents and more posts.

6. Jacket on or off, when reading a hardback book? 

Off. Always off.

Thanks so much for having me here, Lisa! I had a great time answering the questions :)

Haraiah, thank you for stopping by and taking the time to answer some questions! I've been following your blog for a while now, and really enjoy your reviews!!

Blogger's Links:


*If you are a book blogger, and would like to be featured here at Turning Pages as the "Blogger of the Week", click on the tab above, and check out the details!!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!