October 23, 2015

Update: School, Internships & Networking!


Things have been a little busy around here, with juggling two midterms on Monday, writing resumes and cover letters, attending career and internship fairs, as well as regular school work.

School isn't too stressful, surprisingly! I was expecting to drown in homework, studying, and reading chapters, simply because I'm in the business school and attending higher level classes. I really like my teachers, one of them is a bit vague with her expectations and requirements, but so far things are going well. I'm attempting to make this quarter's Dean's List, and trying my absolute best to do so!

It's my junior year of university, which means it about time I start searching for an accounting internship. Sounds easy? ...not really. I've never written an extensive resume, and honestly, don't have very much work experience. I do, however, have a lot of volunteer experience, so that makes things a little better. I've also never written a cover letter (still haven't just yet) and I'm extremely nervous! Have you written? What do you recommend writing about?

I've already found two places I plan to apply to, and can't wait to see if I hear back from them. One of them is an auditing company not too far away from school, and another is a forest product company, only about thirty minutes north. Which isn't far, compared to the internships that take place across the country!

With trying to do well in all of my classes, and receiving an internship opportunity, comes networking. Being in a professional environment isn't something I'm used to, besides attending classes at the university. I also haven't really experienced a job interview (my last barista job didn't really have one, they kind of just hired anyone who turned in a resume).

I'm excited to see what the future brings, and what kind of opportunities arise!

Please leave any suggestions down below when it comes to internships, resumes, cover letters and job interviews! It would be very much appreciated!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!