July 26, 2013

Book Review: The Runaway Queen

The Runaway Queen (The Bane Chronicles, #2)Title: The Runaway Queen.
Author: Cassandra Clare and Maureen Johnson.
Series: Yes, #2.
Pages: 60.
Source: Publisher, Review Audio Book.
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books.
Published Date: 5/21/13.
Links:
Goodreads.
Barnes and Noble.

Summary:

"While in France, immortal warlock Magnus Bane finds himself attempting to rescue the royal family from the horrors of the French Revolution—after being roped into this mess by a most attractive count. Naturally, the daring escape calls for invisible air balloons…"

My Thoughts:

While I did enjoy reading What Really Happened in Peru, and learning so much more background information on Magnus, I did find the adventure to be a bit dry. Even with that, I had high hopes for the second installment in the Bane Chronicles, The Runaway Queen.

I was hoping to see the same Magus that I saw in the first book, and learn even more about him, and the past.

The Runaway Queen did have a little bit of that, but I felt that the Magnus in this story isn't the same Magnus that I came to love in the Mortal Instruments series. He just didn't act the same, or do things that I would expect him to do.

I did find the concept of him actually helping Marie Antoinette escape during the French Revolution to be a nifty idea, and found it enjoyable! I do plan on continuing the Bane Chronicles, and even though the Magnus in The Runaway Queen didn't act like himself, I'm still exciting to see what else is in store!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!