July 21, 2013

Book Haulin'!

Welcome to Turning Pages!

And Happy Sunday!! I'm not sure about you, but I've had the longest weekend; signing up for college classes, getting ready for the read-a-thon, and preparing for a short vacation!

I finally got into the math class I needed for my first quarter of college, which was nothing but stressful. I'm going to the beach in about two weeks (I really need this little vacation), to enjoy the sun, and do some outlet shopping! And I'm not saying anything about the read-a-thon just yet, because I want it to be a surprise! The signup post will be up on July 26th, so make sure to stop by then and join in!

Now to the book haul! I purchased one book from Walmart, and I received one book in the mail!

The Vincent Boys (The Vincent Boys, #1)The Vincent Boys, by Abbi Glines.

"Ashton is getting tired of being good, of impressing her parents and playing ideal girlfriend to Sawyer Vincent. Sawyer is perfect, a regular Prince Charming, but when he leaves town for the summer, it’s his cousin Beau who catches Ashton’s eye. Beau is the sexiest guy she’s ever seen, and even though he’s dangerous, Ashton is drawn to him.

Beau loves his cousin like a brother, so the last thing he wants to do is make a move on Sawyer’s girl. Ashton is off-limits, absolutely. That’s why he does his best to keep his distance, even though he’s been in love with her forever. When Ashton wants to rekindle their childhood friendship in Sawyer’s absence, Beau knows he should say no.

Ashton and Beau don’t want to hurt Sawyer. But the more they try to stay away from each other, the more intense their urges become. It’s getting way too hard to resist...."

Shadows (The Rephaim, #1)
Shadows, by Paula Weston (Review Copy, Thank You!!)

"Love. Nightmares. Angels. War. A fast-paced, compelling debut novel from a fresh new voice in YA.

It’s been almost a year since Gaby Winters was in the car crash that killed her twin brother, Jude. Her body has healed in the sunshine of Pandanus Beach, but her grief is raw and constant.

It doesn’t help that every night in her dreams she kills demons and other hell-spawn. And then Rafa comes to town. Not only does he look exactly like the guy who’s been appearing in Gaby’s dreams, he claims a history with her brother that makes no sense.

Gaby is forced to accept that what she thought she knew about herself and her life is only a shadow of the truth – and that the truth is more likely to be found in the shadows of her nightmares.

Who is Rafa? Who are the Rephaim? And most importantly – who can she trust?"

Feel free to comment below with your thoughts on these two books! I can't wait to get started on them!


1 comment:

  1. I recently read The Vincent Boys and enjoyed it. I hope you enjoy both your books and have a good vacation!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!