September 10, 2012

Happy Monday and Welcome to Turning Pages!

And to another "Blogger of the Week"!

*If you are book blogger, doesn't matter how new or old, and want to participate in Blogger of the Week,either send me an email (googirl94@gmail.com) letting me know, or click above on the "Blogger of the Week" tab! There you can read more about the meme!*

This week's blogger of the week is....

Gina from The Bucket List!!!

1. Gina, can you tell us a little about yourself, and your blog, The Bucket List? How did you come up with the name? Does it have a special meaning? 

My name is Gina and I’m a college sophomore. I’m majoring in Communications and English, to become a book publisher. I was never into reading until the seventh grade when my librarian started me on this book called Isolde, the Queen of the Western Isle by Rosalind Miles. Now I can never read enough. I love reading all types of books, but The Bucket List is mainly about the YA genre. I started the blog in August of 2010, when I created a bucket list of my own. On my bucket list, a list of things I want to do before I die, I wrote that I wanted to read more than 5000 books and what better way to write reviews and share them on a book blog. Thus The Bucket List was born!

Awesome! I didn't enjoy reading until middle school either, until my dad took me to one of my, now favorite bookstores. Then he could barely get me in, now he has to drag me out!

2. If you could change one thing about your blog, what would that thing be? 

That’s a really hard question. However, there is always room for improvement. I would probably change my posting. I try to post something for everyday, but something usually gets in the way. I’ve been doing better and hope to get back into the swing of things when I go back to college in a few weeks.

3. What are your goals for blogging?

My goals for blogging are to ultimately share the books I love with the world. It is truly remarkable, the community that I have found through blogging and I definitely want to keep it up and continue writing about something I love, knowing that my audience loves it as much as I do.

Starting a blog really does allow you to meet a lot of people with the same interests! I can't believe how close I've come to people here in the book world!

4. What do you enjoy doing besides reading and blogging? 

When I am not reading or blogging, I love watching movies, hanging out with friends, or walking around my neighborhood. Some of my favorite movies include The Lost Boys, When Harry Met Sally, and Easy A. With my friends, we are either discussing books that we’ve just read or catching up on television shows we like, Doctor Who, Vampire Diaries, or Supernatural. And I don’t really have an explanation about walking around except that it is the only time I get to spend with my brother when he is not reading himself.

Easy A was such a good movie! I loved it. I'm also getting into the television series, right now I'm watching Vampire Diaries and Pretty Little Liars.

5. Have any book changed your life? Changed the way you think?

A book that has changed my life would be The Hate List by Jennifer Brown. It was just so full of raw emotion and the aftermath of a tragedy that got me thinking differently. It may have even changed the way I interact with other people. I read the book in sophomore year of high school, so I can’t say much else except that I think it got me to read differently as well. Now instead of just skimming over the surface of books I dislike, I immerse myself in every single story I read to get the entire feel.

6. Favorite fictional crush? 

Hands down, it has to be Etienne from Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins. Etienne is extremely adorable; he speaks both French and English. I took French for 6 years in school so I imagine Etienne and I going on walks in the France moonlight and him whispering in French to me. That sounds like the perfect date. He is not only the perfect fictional crush, but the most fantastic fictional friend. He is just so sweet that I wish I had someone like him around to hang out with.

7. If you could take out any author to lunch, who would you take and to where?

This one is another difficult question because I have trouble choosing an author. I would probably take Barry Lyga, my favorite author, writing of Boy Toy and I Hunt Killers. However, I don’t think I would be much company because I would be too busy fangirling inside to really say much. I’m sure he would think there is something wrong with me. For our lunch date, I would take Lyga to Central Park and we could discuss his work while munching on some sandwiches.

Thanks so much for having me on your blog today!

Thank you for stopping by and answering a few questions, Gina! Good luck on your blogging goals!

A few of Gina's Links!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!