September 13, 2011

Netgalley Review #49: Blood

Title: Blood.
Author: K. J. Wignall.
Format: E-book.
Pages: 272.
Series: Yes, #1.
Source: Netgalley.
Publisher: EgmontUSA.
Published Date: September 27, 2011.

Summary:

"Will is a vampire in danger. Heir to the Earl of Mercia, he was brutally attacked and buried in the thirteenth century before he was able to assume his title. Perpetually sixteen, Will’s life has been lonely. He leaves his tomb every so often, adapts to the present day, feeds his bloodlust, and never gets close to anyone.
Until now.
Waking from a twenty-year slumber, hungry for the blood that sustains his undeath, he meets Eloise—but can’t bear to make her his next victim. Drawn to a girl he can never have, but whose fate seems bound with his own, he feels the need to protect her. But Will has an enemy who will stop at nothing to find him . . . and he’s closing in. . . ."


Cover:

I know, I know!! Usually I like cover's where you might be able to guess what the story is about, but than again who doesn't like a cover with a cute, dark, mysterious, and shirtless guy on it? I sure do(;

Characters-


Favorite:


I really liked the main character Will (a.k.a the hot guy on the cover), not just because of the way he acted, the way he treated Ella (Eloise), but also his past was really interesting.

I think when people hear "vampire" they automatically think Twilight, and Edward Cullen. But Will is so different, he doesn't act all weird, he doesn't treat Ella like she's glass, and doesn't have super strength powers. I just think, even Will is hundreds of years old, he's still down to earth.

Least Favorite:


Honestly, I don't think I have a least favorite character! Will was nice, his relationship with Ella was interesting. the help they received from two of their friends, which wasn't trusted at first, ended up being another reason why I continued reading.

Story Line:


I LOVED it, it even left me wanting more (not the cliff hanger kind, but the OMG that was A-mazing, I want more kind).

Even though not much went on, it was a lot of leading up to the next book, especially since it's the first to a series. It did have some action towards the end, when they confronted the man who bit Will. But again leaving    a lot out for the rest of the series.

Blood comes out on September 27, and you should definitely get yourself a copy!:D

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!