December 03, 2012

Blogger of the Week!

Welcome to Turning Pages!

It's Monday, meaning it's time for another "Blogger of the Week"! This week's blogger, is Kapri from The Book Fanatics! So please give her a warm welcome!

Thank you so much for stopping by Kapri and answering a few of our questions!

 (*If your a blogger, new or old, as long as your a book blogger, and would like to have yourself, and your blog featured here at Turning Pages, just click the tab above, called "Blogger of the Week" for more information!*)


Book Fanatics1.Kapri, can you tell us a little about yourself, and your blog, Book Fanatics? How did you come up with the name? Does it have a special meaning?

Hi everyone! I'm a soon-to-be high school senior in a some-what small town in Colorado. I am generally a very quiet, reserved person. I started my blog Book Fanatics four years ago and haven't looked back. I really don't remember how I came up with the name, Book Fanatics, just that I came up with it. If I could go back I think I would pick a different, more creative and unique name, but I'm not about to change it now! 

2.If you could change one thing about your blog, what would that thing be?

Like I said, I would probably pick a different name. But I would also like to have a theme for my blog. I can't wait for the day until I actually have the money to pay someone to do my blog design. Themes that I thought would be cool: circus, owls (I collect owl things), or travel (because reading can take you anywhere!)

3.What are your goals for blogging?

I just want my blog to keep growing. Compared to some blogs, it's been a very slow build, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I would also like to develop more relationships with publishers and other bloggers.

4. What got you into blogging about books? Have you always enjoyed reading?

My PhotoI've always been into reading, but it wasn't until about six months before I started blogging that I became an avid reader, and the love (obsession) of reading has only grown since then. It was actually my dad that suggested I started blogging about books. I just wanted to keep track of what I've read and share my thoughts on books, and blogging seemed like a great way to do it!

5.What do you enjoy doing besides reading and blogging?

Besides reading, writing, and blogging, I also like art. I love painting and drawing. I also tried my hand at ceramics. I enjoyed it but I was not very good. I play the cello. I am also on my school's Academic Decathlon team. I'm a total nerd!

6.Favorite movie that was based off of a book?

Hands down, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo. That's one of my favorite movies ever (that may say a lot about me)! Not only is it brilliant, but it is an excellent portrayal of the book, too.

7.What's the most recent book you've read and tell us about in exactly five words.

Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols: hot, unique, real, awesome, HOT!

Thank you so much for stopping by and again for answering a few of our questions! Please make sure to stop by and check out Kapri's blog, Book Fanatics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!