December 16, 2014

December Marathon Month Update #1.

Its the 16th of December, and it's about time I write my first update on how this month of marathons is going! If you don't really know what I'm talking about, check out my December The Month Of Marathons post.

I still can't wrap my head around the fact that I not only want to read 19 books before the year is over, reach 600 followers, and host an amazing end of the year December giveaway! But I plan on doing, and I plan on letting nothing stop me from reaching my goal.


There are exactly days left in 2014, for me to start and finish reading 15 more books; meaning I have a little over a day for each book. The four books I've already devoured this week, are Bumped & Thumped, both by Megan McCafferty, Bad Taste in Boys by Carrie Harris and My Not So Still Life, by Liz Gallagher. I'm also half way through Legend, by Marie Lu and The Girl Who Circumnavigated Fairyland in a Ship of Her Own Making, by Catherynne Valente.


When I first decided to take part in this crazy idea, I wasn't truly sure how it was going to play out. I knew I wanted to badly reach my goal of reading 100 books in 2014, especially because I was so close to doing so! I also knew that I wouldn't be able to fully start until finals week was over (and thank goodness it is), that I wanted to keep you all update throughout the month, as well as prove to you that I am ACTUALLY reading all of these books.

The only way to truly prove this to you, is to write a review for each and every one these books, before the month of December ends. Which means there will be days that I'll post multiple reviews, simply because I only have 16 days left in this month, and 19 books to review.

How am I finding the time to read so much? Nooks and crannies! School is out, which gives me SO much more free time, but I'm also lucky enough to have a job where I can read during work, in between costumers.

And what about the giveaway? I've been considering the giveaway over the last few days, and haven't come up with anything too creative....it's sad I know. So what I finally came up with, is that I'm giving away a few of the books on my reading list! I'm not too sure which ones yet, and how many, but I do plan on having all that figured out before the week is over.


So how are YOU doing with finishing up your goals? Did you already finish reading all the books on your list this year? Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!