November 12, 2011

Book Review #60: Power of Six

 

Title: Power of Six.
Author: Pittacus Lore.
Format: ARC.
Pages: 416.
Series: Yes, #2 Lorien Legacies Series.
Source: Me, My Shelf, and I Book Tours.
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published Date: August 23, 2011.

Summary:

"I've seen him on the news. Followed the stories about what happened in Ohio. John Smith, out there, on the run. To the world, he's a mystery. But to me . . . he's one of us.
Nine of us came here, but sometimes I wonder if time has changed us—if we all still believe in our mission. How can I know? There are six of us left. We're hiding, blending in, avoiding contact with one another . . . but our Legacies are developing, and soon we'll be equipped to fight. Is John Number Four, and is his appearance the sign I've been waiting for? And what about Number Five and Six? Could one of them be the raven-haired girl with the stormy eyes from my dreams? The girl with powers that are beyond anything I could ever imagine? The girl who may be strong enough to bring the six of us together?
They caught Number One in Malaysia.
Number Two in England.
And Number Three in Kenya.
They tried to catch Number Four in Ohio—and failed.
I am Number Seven. One of six still alive.
And I'm ready to fight."


Cover:

Whenever I see this book, it just makes me laugh; not because of the cover or that I don't like it. But it just makes me think back to when my dad asked me when the second movie was coming out, "Lisa, when's I Am Number Five coming out?" Oh dad, you're silly (:

Anyways, back to the cover! I really like it! Even though I prefer the cover to I Am Number Four over this one, I kind of like the blue.

Story Line:

*Warning* This review is going to be filled to the brim with spoilers from both the first book and the second!

In the first book, we find out who John Smith really is, and why his here on earth. After One, Two and Three were attacked and killed by the Aliens, their on the hunt for number Four; John.

Moving so often just to avoid this from happening, John is getting used to his new home. He meets a lot of new people, falls in love with a pretty girl, becomes friends with Sam, and starts liking school. The first book leaves us with aliens finding him, after a long time of searching and hunting, cornering him.

The Power of Six starts right after John just escaping his first attack, this time without his mentor, he is accompanied by Number Six, and his smart (and not a Lorien) friend Sam. Not only on the run from getting killed, but these three are also on the search for back up; for the other four Loriens!

We also get to learn about number Seven, Marina who's almost eighteen, and lives in a Spanish convent. Years ago, with nowhere to go, and nothing just the clothes on their back, this is where Marina and her mentor turned too. Over the years, of staying at the church, Marina's mentor changed, from always having her mind set on finding other Loriens to God, and his way; completely denying Marina, and her powers!

I had such a great time reading The Power of Six! I know I haven't reviewed I Am Number Four yet, so that review will be up very soon! If you haven't read this book yet, seriously, GO OUT AND BUY IT!

Me, My Shelf and I Book Tours

*Thank you Me My Shelf and I for allowing me to borrow your ARC!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you guys have to say, so don't be shy and leave a comment!